Looking for Tell About Me Activity

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Teacher Barb, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Teacher Barb

Teacher Barb Rookie

Jul 9, 2002

There was an activity we did last year where for the first day of school homework students were given a lunchbag and the next day they were supposed to bring in things that tell about them such as their favorite hobbies, etc. I do not remember what they were supposed to put in the bag. Anyone done this activity before and can please help?

3. Christy

Christy Guest

Jul 9, 2002

Hi! I've done an activity before where each child is to put 5 items in a brown grocery bag that they think represents them. (hobbies, family, heritage, etc) All of the bags gets mixed up then passed out. You can do it as a group activity or individual. I usually do individual (4th grade). Once they have a bag, each child takes out the 5 items, decides what they tell about the person. I then have them write a short descriptive paragraph about the person. Then each person shares their paragraph and then tells who they think the bag belongs to. I hope this helps!
    Christy:D

4. Shawnmarie

Shawnmarie Rookie

Jul 9, 2002

Here's another activity I've done for "getting to know you", which I'm sure is a popular one. It's a bingo game. Each square has a question on it, like 'What's your favorite color?', 'Do you have any siblings?', etc. The kids go around the classroom and ask a question to each student. You try to make the bingo board have as many spaces as there are kids in the class, one for the teacher too! The only rule is that you can't ask someone more than 1 question. It was fun in our class, and my daughters have done this too and loved it.