looking for take home idea

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by rosew, Sep 2, 2011.

1. rosew

rosew Companion

Sep 2, 2011

Do any of you do anything through the year similar to a flat stanley with your preschool class. I am trying to get some ideas of something different to do that will go from child to child, but without that much work for the parents.

3. srawolf

srawolf Rookie

Sep 2, 2011

I like to send home a little duffel bag that has some books and a stuffed animal that goes with the books. (Like a Clifford with Clifford books or a teddy bear with Karma Wilson's "Bear" books, etc). They can read the stories at home with family and the stuffed friend. I have also added to this a journal where they write about what the stuffed animal did while at their house and this is shared with the class when it comes back.

4. 3swirls

3swirls Rookie

Sep 2, 2011

I was going to suggest what the other response suggested.
    I was thinking of doing a take home buddy. Pick out a stuffed animal and let the kids name it and each monday 1 kid gets to take it home all week and bring it back friday and then they get to tell he class all about what they did with their little buddy. The parents could write some things down or take some pictures. I actualy did this with my son and another kid in another state. they exchanged buddies and took pictures of the toy playing and eating dinner, or going to the playground. We made photo albums for each other when we sent the buddies back home. Cute!

5. flowerpower31

flowerpower31 Comrade

Sep 2, 2011

This is exactly what I decided to do. I think it's adorable!

6. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Sep 2, 2011

I have 2 - a brown bear that I send with the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? and a polar bear that I send with the book Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?. I have the kids write/draw about what they see/hear over the weekend with the kids. I also have in my note that parents can include 1-2 photographs as well. Some of my former students still mention them when I see them. I start them in October and start one set with the boys and one with the girls and then switch when they get through all of them.

7. paige407

paige407 Rookie

Sep 3, 2011

I do similar to those who have written above. Our little mascot is a beanie baby-type animal named Leonard the Lion. He goes home with each child the weekend before they are the special student. He brings a little journal with him so that the family can record his weekend adventures. They really can be funny ~ I laugh that the entries start out pretty modest but get more involved as the year progresses...like they are trying to one up the family before them! Leonard has been to numerous birthday parties, ball games, the zoo..even in time out for getting into a kid's Easter basket!