Looking for Software (programs) for Developing Training Modules

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by Knar, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Knar

Knar New Member

Oct 17, 2016

I am interested in finding software permitting development of training modules and having the following characteristics:
    1. Support for multiple media - text, graphics, images, video, and audio.
    2. Support for multiple pages.
    3. Support for developing questions or quizes or other learning assessment capability.
    4. Support for multi user simultaneous access.
    5. Support for messaging or chatting between student-student and student-teacher.
    6. Support for uploading and downloading materials related to subject matter of training module.
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

3. Knar

Knar New Member

Oct 19, 2016

Thank you for the very quick and thorough reply. I was not very clear in my attempt to nail down what I am looking for. I am interested in locating a stand alone software program that has the features listed. In other words, think of powerpoint as having those features, or of Microsoft OneNote as having those features, or even a word processor which supports multimedia files as having those features. Learning Management Systems go way beyond what I am lookng for. They are very large and cumbersome and perform dozens of administrative and managerial functions and I believe they require installation on a server such as Apache or Microsoft IIS. What I am looking for would permit multiple user access on a Local Area Network without a server, but also have the capability of modules being served via an intranet or the internet. Thank you again for your effort.

4. fjaravata

fjaravata Rookie

Oct 26, 2016

Hi, sorry for the delay. At first glance, I'm thinking about a Wiki type of site (wikispaces) or Google Sites (the new one--my school has not yet gotten it). The Google Sites option will need to be used with the G Suite Apps (Docs, Forms, Slides etc.) but it will require more managing.

Also, there is Wordpress.ORG where you can install plugins. More powerful than Sites, but will need management.

I hope this can be a start for you. I'll pose this question to my network of geeky tech teachers and I'll follow up on this asap.

5. fjaravata

fjaravata Rookie

Oct 26, 2016

And, i forgot about Google Classroom. the Wordpress.ORG is powerful, but some of the plug-ins may cost money to do what you want. Do you have access to Google Classroom?

6. Knar

Knar New Member

Oct 27, 2016

fjaravata: Thank you -- I have viewed the wikispaces home page and it looks good. So I plan to join and study it for a while. will also take a look at Google Classroom.

Thanks!

fjaravata likes this.