Looking for group games for 2 - 5 yr olds

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Butterfly4, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Butterfly4

Butterfly4 Comrade

Jan 10, 2010

I'm in charge of entertaining a group of children during a church function for one hour. The ages will be mostly 2-5, I may have a couple 1yr olds and may have a 6 year old or two. I know the one year olds will not be able to participate much. Does anyone have some ideas for group games to play? I will probably have about 15 children (and parent). I was also looking for something different to do with them in addition to games...but not sure I wanted to get into a craft project. Can I do shaving cream on tables with this age group? Again, I know the 1 yr olds can't, they may put in their mouths, but do you think the others would enjoy it? I know 4/5 yr olds do...how about the 2/3 yr olds?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!! =)

3. amochoa

amochoa Rookie

Jan 10, 2010

Check out www.everythingpreschool.com
    They have tons of games, art projects, and songs for kids in your age group. I teach 3 year old preschool and it's a lifesaver. I plan my whole year on their activities.

4. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Jan 10, 2010

You can never go wrong with playdough. You would have to watch the younger ones. There are some easy recipes to make your own. As far as shaving cream 3-5 would love it again you would have to watch the younger ones. Singing would be another great activity to do. This age group loves to sing especially if it songs with movement. Hope that helps.

5. geiwee

geiwee Rookie

Jan 10, 2010

You could do the same idea of shaving cream on the tables but do it with pudding! That way if the little ones eat it it's okay :) Songs with movement are a great idea, as is playdough. Stringing a necklace or bracelet could be done by all using cheerios & fruit loops (pipe cleaners are stiffer for littler ones to string on but watch for the pointy ends)! Sorry, I just can't think right now:blush:

6. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jan 10, 2010

I suggest you put some cut and paste activitiy out. Everyone can do the activity at their own level. You can spice it up with precut shapes, stickers, glitter, etc.

A puzzle table would be easy. Some simple comercial kids games like Chutes and Ladders.

7. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Jan 11, 2010

shaving cream is good, you could also do some dancing/music/movement activities or a storytime. duck duck goose is fun

8. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jan 12, 2010

my 3's and 4's usually LOVE duck duck goose. Parachute games are fun if you have enough space (and you spread the older kids and adults around the circle so all the different sides are being held)... my older kids have started to understand redl ight/green light, but they don't exactly get the part about 'if you're caught, you go back to start" so I usually just play it as a stop and go game.

LOTS of songs on CD's... Jim Gill, Hap Palmer, Greg and Steve, Carole Peterson, Dr. Jean...