Looking for fun job charts for 4th graders...

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by crazyfor8, Jun 27, 2007.

1. crazyfor8

crazyfor8 New Member

Jun 27, 2007

I am looking for some fun, cool jobs charts for 4th graders... Something can be used all year and everyday.... Thanks

3. hdavidson

hdavidson Companion

Jun 27, 2007

I make mine. I always have a theme, this year I again changed it and it is one of the things I make, as well as team (or table) signs, and HW subjects for the board. I have one board just for jobs. I put the signs up for the jobs (TA, housekeeper, secretaries, librarian, etc.) I use an image or background and some fancy lettering.... Then I have the students names on individual "die cuts" and every week I move the names around. On Mondays, I announce job duties for the week.

4. Hamster

Hamster Comrade

Aug 10, 2007

Our star of the week does all the jobs for that week.

5. 6SinTeaching

6SinTeaching Rookie

Aug 10, 2007

I make my own using library card holders. I have a variety of jobs that I've printed on 2 x 4 inch labels and stick that on the card holders. I dress them up with different clip art pictures and stick these library card holders on the wall. Each student has their name written on a colourful laminated card stock and the names are rotated each week. I used to have a poster of this but changing divisions (grade 6 to 3) my jobs changed so I like the individual card holder idea.
    Some of the jobs I've included are;
    Paper Pushers
    Calendar Keeper
    Class Sweepers
    Library Organizers
    Recycler Rulers
    Zoo Keepers
    Schedule Ruler
    Board Washers
    Window Washers
    Library Organizer
    Clothing Monitor
    Counter Keeper

Every child in my class has a job. I believe it is important to have pride and ownership in our classroom and keep it organized. This worked for my grade 6 students and I'm sure it will work with the 3s!