Looking for cute Christmas ideas

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Mama P, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Mama P

Mama P Rookie

Nov 26, 2011

Does anyone have any cute Christmas ideas for second graders to do to display on the wall? Thanks

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Nov 27, 2011

You could make little stockings and have the students create a wish list to keep in them.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 27, 2011

Seasonal symmetry....shapes like Christmas trees, snowflakes, snowmen, stars...integrates math!:)

5. Ciaobella

Ciaobella New Member

Nov 28, 2011

We are doing gingerbread mean! They will cut the shape out of brown construction paper and then I let them use google eyes, markers, chalk, and candy to decorate them.

Maybe creating a class Christmas tree? I drew up a huge tree and had each student make "ornaments". They made handprint shapes & circle ornaments with there names on them. This will really be for all grades but it could work fine with 2nd grade!

6. lovetoteachtpt

lovetoteachtpt Rookie

Nov 29, 2011

For my kids I tied a "clothes line" and I am going to hang up different snowflakes they make and other decorations :) For the door, they are each a snowman :)

7. Pacificpastime

Pacificpastime Companion

Dec 1, 2011

One year, we made a tree out of triangles and squares. Each student received a square and triangle, and decorated their part of the tree the way they wanted. Then, during one of the specials I put the tree up on the wall and when they came back they were SO excited to see it. It was really fun, but also a little time consuming. Now the fire marshall says its too much paper on the wall and a fire hazard :(