Looking for clock/timer

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Mrs. Mom, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Mrs. Mom

Mrs. Mom Cohort

Oct 2, 2010

I want to buy a small digital clock for my classroom. I am looking for one that lays flat, or with a stand, like a calculator. I want to use it to monitor students' times in and out of class for extra bathroom breaks and library trips, etc. They will have to record their time out of class and the time they returned. Some of my students are out of my room a lot, and I am trying to make them more aware (as well as their parents!) of how much time they are spending on those "emergency" bathroom breaks and such. (My third graders couldn't just use the analog clock in the classroom, I'd never be able to be sure if the times were accurate. ha)

A colleague has one in her classroom that says really good stuff on it and it was made for just this purpose. However, the only one I saw on their website was around $50 and I'm quite sure she didn't pay that much. I won't see her again until Monday, and I want to get one ordered. Does anyone know ANY company that sells these little clock/timers ?

3. S Dubb

S Dubb Comrade

Oct 2, 2010

I've used this in my classroom for three years. It has a stand and it's magnetic. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's available on Amazon right now, but if you can find it somewhere else I highly recommend it.

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Oct 2, 2010

If you want a timer, S Dubb's is great! I use them in my room too. But if you want a clock, check out alarm clocks or a simple watch that you could tape down. Could be small, and definitely cheaper than $50.

5. jteachette

jteachette Comrade

Oct 2, 2010

A digital travel alarm might work for a clock.
    My timer is a kitchen time with a magnetic back. It was around 10 dollars at Target.

6. sundrop

sundrop Cohort

Oct 2, 2010

I don't have one of these but have often thought it might be a nice way to keep track of how long students are out of the room. A little pricey but not $50.