looking for CD's...

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by clarnet73, Jul 28, 2005.

1. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jul 28, 2005

Hey, all...

I went in to observe the classroom I'm taking over next year, to get a feel for what the kids are working on (PreK SPE), their routines, etc... and I loved a couple of the songs their teacher used for circle time... I want to be able to have some similar songs to start with to help them make the transition... so I'm looking for the CD's with:

A song called "Milkshake"... the chorus goes "Milkshake, milkshake, shake it up, shake it up, milkshake, milkshake, shake it all up"

Row Row Your boat with alternate actions... tickle your boat, shake your boat, bump your boat, etc.

When Cows get up in the morning

Anyone know the CD's for any of these songs? I asked what she used, and she said it was a mix she had... so that didn't help too much... any help would be appreciated.

Alternately, which CD's are my "must have" for PreK SPE? ;)

3. Seich30

Seich30 Comrade

Jul 28, 2005

Congratulations on your job. I've taught ESE Prek for 10 yrs (I think that's the same). I'm not sure about the CD that you mentioned--but it sounds great. Some of my favs are by Jack Hartmann--think his site is www.jackhartmann.com. The best ones--Rhyming to the Beat vol 1 and 2, Colors all around, Math all Around Me, I've Got Music in Me, Language Play and Listening Fun. I also have a series of CD's by Newbridge--called songs for learning. The two best ones are following directions, holiday songs, and A Healthy Body. Let me know if you have further questions. P.S. The lesson plan pages that you posted for me a couple months ago are from my classroom.

4. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jul 28, 2005

Dr. Jean's ALL DAY LONG for sure! Lot of procedural songs!!!

Lori

5. lilkidteach

lilkidteach Rookie

Jul 28, 2005

In my headstart room I use alot of Dr. Becky Bailey's songs on her CD "It starts in the heart". There are alot of very good songs for openings and getting the kids together.

6. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jul 28, 2005

hescollin suggested I google the titles...

and I found the Milkshake song on Songs for Wiggleworms and I found "When Ducks Get Up." YAY!!! :)

7. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jul 28, 2005

when ducks get up?

8. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jul 28, 2005

When Ducks get up in the morning, they always say "Good Day"... they quack, of course... and when cows get up, they say MOO! And when dogs get up, they say Woof. This is the song, and it's SO cute... and repeats the animals sounds pretty often. Heh... I just realized I called it 'When Cows Get Up" in my original post... no wonder I was having trouble finding it!!!

here is a version of it... not the one I was looking for, but it's a start. ;)

www.nancymusic.com <---- click on it, then do "song of the month" and you'll find it.

9. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jul 29, 2005

cute!!!

10. chardin

chardin Guest

Jul 31, 2005

Good CD's for preschool

I like using the Greg and Steve CD's. They have songs for almost any topic.I use there "Good Morning" song during morning circle time.

11. AnonyMS

AnonyMS SpEd Para! BASE room aide! RTI Facilitator!

Jul 31, 2005

12. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Aug 1, 2005

I tried clicking on hte link from that page twice, and it caused an error in my browser... perhaps it'll work better tomorrow!!

Thanks for the link! :)

13. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Aug 1, 2005

Got it to work... not the version I'm looking for, but it's great to know ther are multiple versions of this one... I'd never heard it before! :)

14. AnonyMS

AnonyMS SpEd Para! BASE room aide! RTI Facilitator!

Aug 2, 2005

I just typed "Cows get up in the morning" WITH the quotations into google.com. I sometimes do better typing in the lyrics from the middle of the song. You don't always have to use the title.