Looking for a teaching job for next school year...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by COMrs.S, Sep 12, 2010.

1. COMrs.S

COMrs.S Rookie

Sep 12, 2010

Hello everyone! :)

I'm not quite sure how to ask for help on this but...due to a plethora of reasons, I'm pretty sure that I would like to leave the school that I am at currently but at the end of this school year. This is my third year there and I feel like I am ready to move on.

I guess I'm asking for help/advice on how to actively seek a position at a different school (not the same district) while I am still working.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :rolleyes::thanks:

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 12, 2010

Ouch. My kids start their 3rd day of school tomorrow.

Anyway, can we assume that you're certified to teach math? If so, that may make the outlook considerably brighter than if your certification is in elementary ed.

When you get the chance, start on your resume and cover letter. Take a look at some of the samples that have been posted here, along with the comments that accompany them.

Then, probably about March, blanket the state with applications. Figure any and every school within an hour's commute; you can get pickier once the phone calls start coming in.

For now, just hang tight and get through the year.

4. COMrs.S

COMrs.S Rookie

Sep 13, 2010

Thank you Aliceacc. :)

Who would be good people to ask for a letter of recommendation? When would a good time be to ask for those?

5. specialedmath

specialedmath Rookie

Sep 13, 2010

I have been denied tenure and decided to resign in lieu of...now when filling out applications I need to respond to: Have you ever resigned in lieu of not being giving tenure. It seems that once a school sees that you have not been given tenure that your hopes of teaching are gone. Any suggestions....