Looking for a Job in Texas?! Click Here!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by lbradley1718, Aug 2, 2012.

1. lbradley1718

lbradley1718 Comrade

Aug 2, 2012

So, my district (Texas) cut-off for teacher applicants was supposed to be July 31st. But yesterday (Aug 1st) they posted an ad saying they have extended it and will take applicants up until August 13th. This is because we still have 304 positions open! Of course most of them are secondary science/math, bilingual, ESL, and SPED, but there are multiple positions open at all grade levels.

I was hired back in June, but since I applied in June I have received a total of 20 calls for interviews! Really...20 calls! I received about three calls for interviews before I accepted one (was offered 2 out of the 3). Then, after I accepted I received 17 more phone calls from various schools! Apparently in the applicant database it doesn't show if you were offered a position /hired, so principals just kept calling! It got to a point where I was so annoyed and was tired of saying "Im sorry, I already accepted a position at another school within the district."

I know how hard it is...I was in the same boat last summer, so Im trying to help! :) PM if interested and I will send you the link to the vacancies and application.

3. funkadelicfunk

funkadelicfunk Rookie

Aug 2, 2012

I'm pretty sure my district is looking for a high school chemistry teacher, so if anyone is interested let me know!

4. penguinpc

penguinpc Comrade

Aug 3, 2012

What district?

5. lbradley1718

lbradley1718 Comrade

Aug 3, 2012

I sent you a PM.

6. fratbrats

fratbrats Comrade

Aug 3, 2012

I know. I was curious to the same thing, I'm guessing that it must be a big one like Dallas ISD, to have that many positions left. I need to stay in my district, just in case districts start having budget cuts again, and have to fire the last hired.

7. miakakim

miakakim Rookie

Aug 6, 2012

I am interested. Btw how will i check pms? i am new here and i don't know much

8. miakakim

miakakim Rookie

Aug 6, 2012

i am interested

9. suzerich

suzerich Companion

Aug 9, 2012

I am interested also, if it is in the DFW area. I'm certified 4-8 Generalist and History 8-12, but I'm south of Dallas.

10. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 10, 2012

Let's call this a bump in case anyone has missed it.

11. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 10, 2012

suz~I don't know if Ft Worth is too far for you, but they are hiring a lot of teachers.

12. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 10, 2012

My old district hired 150 elementary teachers this summer. They only have four open still.

13. Luv2TeachInTX

Luv2TeachInTX Comrade

Aug 11, 2012

I do know that Aldine ISD (in the Houston area) has 160 positions posted as of today.

14. suzerich

suzerich Companion

Aug 11, 2012

Actually, I don't mind driving for a job, so no Fort Worth, and north into Dallas are not problems for me, personally. But, the earliest, I can drop my son off at school is 7:00, and it doesn't start until 7:50. So, he's there very early every day. There are several options for after care, so that would not be a problem, except on the nights, I'd have to stay late. But, those programs do close around 6:00, so I can't be too far away. I have concentrated my search to along 287 and south, but including southern Dallas county, Ellis, Navarro, Hill, Johnson and Tarrant Counties. If I found a job in an exceptional school that he could be nearby, I would consider taking him with me. But, I really don't want to uproot him if I don't have to. He will be going into 5th grade.