Looking for a clapboard template

Discussion in 'General Education' started by clarnet73, Aug 18, 2007.

1. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Aug 18, 2007

For my Star of the Week board this year, I've decided on a "Now Starring" title with a "movie star" thing. I have lots of star cutouts, but I'm looking for something to use for "my favorite food" "my favorite color" etc.

I made some movie clapboards out of black construction paper and I outlined them and drew the white stripes on the top with an oil pastel crayon. So far so good... but only the oil pastel is "dark" enough white to show up well... and the point is too thick to work to write the details on.

I checked one of the teacher stores around me but didn't find any die cuts. I did find a notepad that has a camera and film, but I it's going to be too big to fit on the board.

Ideas?

3. Mommyof2xys

Mommyof2xys Rookie

Aug 18, 2007

Sorry but, I am having the same problem. I saw a clapboard template at a teacher store months ago and did not purchase it:( Now I have gone back and they don't have it. I am continuing with my theme anyway. I am going to try to make my own if I can't find one soon.

Good Luck!

4. dizzybri14

dizzybri14 Companion

Aug 18, 2007

What about using black construction paper, and then going to the craft store (Michaels?) look for a white paint pen might show up better. I am not sure if it will work on paper or not though... you might have to use posterboard instead of construction paper for that to work. Just an idea to look into. :)

5. hernandoreading

hernandoreading Comrade

Aug 18, 2007

They make pens for scrapbooking that show up on dark paper. Michaels or Joann's would have them. I use mine all the time for classroom stuff. The ones I have are "Galaxy Markers."

6. Mommyof2xys

Mommyof2xys Rookie

Aug 18, 2007

7. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 18, 2007

I really liked that link. Thank you Mommyof2xys...

I don't have a Hollywood theme, but do like to do a film unit in my class. Some years we have made movies, others we analyzed films and wrote reviews. We always go to the local children's film festival.

In grad school I created a integrated unit on film... if you PM me your email address, I will send it to you. (next week, as I am out of town and don't have my own computer here.)

We covered books as films, history of the cinema, and a few other things. I can't remember right now.