Long term substitute suggestions

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Celestial, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Celestial

Celestial Rookie

Oct 21, 2006

Hi everyone,

I am going on medical leave for 22 teaching days. I already have a long term sub set up, and started preparing sub plans, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas or tips? This is my first time leaving my class for so long (I'm dreading it... I'm going to miss them!) so I want to make sure I'm as prepared as possible. Any ideas?

3. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Oct 21, 2006

My district will pay the LT sub to join you in your classroom for a day or two before you leave to observe your procedures to make the transition easier for the students. Is this an option for you?

4. Celestial

Celestial Rookie

Oct 21, 2006

Unfortunately not... but, I'm lucky because my long term sub is going to come in to observe on her own time. I think she understands that this will make it easier for her as well...

5. KarToTeach

KarToTeach Rookie

Oct 21, 2006

I think that as long as she has a good grasp of your lesson plans and objectives she'll be fine. It may be hard for your to let go of the reins so to speak but she'll probably fond her own way of doin things too. Be prepared for a transition when you do return.
    How have you organized everything? Make sure that all sheets are copied and instructions are clear.
    Good luck!