Long-term sub assignment on resume

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by dkjackson, Mar 24, 2010.

1. dkjackson

dkjackson Companion

Mar 24, 2010

I've got a long-term sub assignment coming up, starting April 9th and lasting until the end of the school year. I'm trying to get my resume together for the job search, and I was wondering what the best way is to put that long-term assignment on my resume.

I imagine I should list it separately from my day-to-day subbing, right? And I'll be there when the students take the TAKS test and the AP test, so should I mention that on my resume? Seems like a silly question, but I don't know if/when I'll have the numbers of who passed, their scores, who got commended on the TAKS, any of that, so I might only be able to say something along the lines of that I helped prepare them for the tests, led a few review sessions, things like that. If anyone has any thoughts, or even an example of how it should look, I would really appreciate it. I want to make sure it looks right, and really emphasizes the experience the assignment is giving me since I went through an ACP and didn't get to do student teaching, subbing has been my only teaching experience.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 24, 2010

Yes, I would list it underneath your info about your usual subbing job w/ the month & year through month & year description/summary included.
    I've been blessed to have numerous long-term (LT) assignments throughout my yrs of subbing, so I personally no longer type every single one, but I describe the nature of them (such as what kind of classes). If something's really long, unusual, or pertinant to the job position I'm interviewing for, I'll definitely include a particular LT assignment or more w/ a summary of those jobs.

Good luck! :)

4. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Mar 25, 2010

I would put it with a separate heading and bullets under it which will set you apart from others. And a bullet about what you do for state testing in terms of test prep would definitely be good!

5. dkjackson

dkjackson Companion

Mar 25, 2010

Thanks Ms. I and Jessica!