Long-term SPED sub position on resume

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by uncleal, Nov 4, 2011.

1. uncleal

uncleal Rookie

Nov 4, 2011

How would you place a long-term sub position on a resume? Would it get a seperate entry from the districts? I was a long-term sub (20 days max) for a special education position at an elementary school. It was a great experience and it can't go further than 20 days because of the way that the sub permit works :(

Also, can I ask the teacher's assistant for a letter of recommendation? I am also asking the Principal too. But I also feel that the teacher's aide (who has been through at least two other subs) would also write a great letter because they have been in the classroom with me on a daily basis.

3. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Nov 4, 2011

I would list as it a seperate job (different from just regular subbing), but I would also be honest about how it was only 20 days.

As for the TA, I might go ahead and ask for the letter and then see how you feel about using it later. It can't hurt. Personally, I don't know that a letter from a TA would get a lot of weight with principals, but it sure can't hurt. If a job asked for 4 letters of rec, I'd turn in my 4 and turn the TA's letter in as a 5th extra one. That way, if they don't like it they have the other 4 to go on, and if they do like it, it's extra good news for you!