Little Girl Has Crush On Me?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Dare2Teach, Jul 29, 2019.

1. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Aug 12, 2019

I remember long ago (and not far away) teaching PE my first year. 3rd-7th. I had a 3rd grade girl that must have had a crush on me. It was no big deal. Over the 40 yrs I taught PE some kids want to be close to you and some dont. Some want hugs and others do not. I never worried much about personal space with Elem. kids. It was human and natural to have them run up to hug or hold my hand (usually kindergarten). I was called dad so many times I lost count. High school would be much different but many times I would go up to middle school and many of the same kids would run to me for hug or chat.

Tired Teacher likes this.
  2. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Companion

Aug 12, 2019

That is pretty much typical behavior for a 5 yr old girl whom you have treated kindly.
    I wouldn't worry about it.
    If the kid was older , conniving, or 1 who was from a real dysfunctional family, it'd be different.
    I know a 7 yr old male student who accused a male teacher of sexual abuse once. He came from an extremely messed up family, had been sexually abused at home, and was an extreme behavior problem. I would never have wanted to be left alone with him.