Little Discouraged

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by l8ybugmom, May 14, 2011.

1. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

May 14, 2011

I went to the job fair here in the county where I reside. This is the third year I've been. I taught for 2009-2010 school year for the city but was non-renewed. :( Anyway, I have applied for jobs in this county for the last three years as well. I stood in line just like everyone else. I presented my resume and did my "thing" (smile, answer questions, etc) but they all would say something like oh I recognize your name, etc. One who interviewed me before I even taught bascially gave me the brush off by saying well good luck to you...this is a big county.

Oh and an hour into this fiasco...my kids call me to tell me my son has a big gash in his hand. BTW, my husband and I are separated but this is his weekend but he had to go into to work for a little while and they couldn't get ahold of him. I had to leave the line to call my son. By that time, they had been able to reach their dad and he was on his way to them. Ugghhh! This is even a longer story....He just does not use common sense.

Anyway...I truly feel that I won't get a job here for next school year. It is a good thing I'm looking in GA for a job. I feel my non-renewal is a set back....thing is I wish I could just tell them all that I worked really hard for my students, even at time sacrificing my tim with my own children....that the p really didn't like me. I did my very best....I learned a lot and I'm a darn good teacher. But I can't. I have to be professional. I can tell them some of it...going to the ends of the earth to help my students and working hard.

Even with my search in GA, I'm coming up fruitless...I get narrowed down to two or three and they go with someone that has more experience. I just really want to be in a classroom. I am a good teacher and I'll be even better once I get more experience.

Thank you for letting me vent...and shed a tear or two while typing.

3. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

May 14, 2011

I'm sorry, l8ybugmom and hope that something works out for you soon.

4. cmw

cmw Groupie

May 14, 2011

:hugs: I'm so sorry. It seems very frustrating. :hugs:

5. dcnuck

dcnuck Companion

May 14, 2011

so sorry===I know exactly how you feel and hope something happens for you this year.

6. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

May 15, 2011

Thanks, ya'll! I just needed my time to be sad and vent. Today I'm sending out thank you emails to all the P's I talked to. Maybe I'll even send out emails for anticipated vacancies in GA, although I don't know that there will be any there but at least I am taking a proactive stance. If I don't get a job, I can say I did everything that I could possibly do.