Little back-to-school gift baskets for team members

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Ms.Jasztal, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 12, 2007

I am making back-to-school baskets for my fourth grade team members this year. The team leader does the same, but I am going to show them the yearly calendars in reading and writing as well as present them with:

-A stamp (6 of them at Wal-Mart cost a little over $1.00)
    -A Crayola colored pencil/pencil contraption
    -A super-fine Crayola marker (new also)
    -Hand sanitizer
    -A children's novel that is on the Sunshine State Readers list this school year
    -A printed list of links in each subject

Each teacher will receive her gifts in a paint can or plastic container (a red Sterilite one). I haven't decided yet. I would decorate the paint can with the teacher's name and photos photocopied from the previous yearbooks/taken from photo collections I have archived on SD cards.

However, I may love adding something else that is creative. What would your take be on this project? :)

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2007

What a great idea!

Since you are undecided about the packaging, I would prefer to receive gifts in a Sterilite container, personally. I think I'd get more use out of it than a paint can, although I do like the photo collage idea.

Maybe you could add a pack of stickers? Wal-Mart has a 1,000 pack for I think around $2.00.

4. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 12, 2007

Well, the photo collage can still go on the Sterilite container. :) The surface on the sides is flatter and probably a lot easier to adhere the photos to.

Thank you for your suggestion! I don't know what to do since our team leader makes a welcome back basket/group of items for the team as well.

I may just get something Florida-related for each container and call it quits. :)

5. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2007

You're so nice!

How about adding some things from Target's dollar spot? There are some self-inking stamps, stickers, sticky notes all related to teachers.

But since you're focusing on reading and writing, maybe just give things that have to do with that.....

6. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 12, 2007

What a nice idea! My mentor did this for me my first year teaching.

How many people are on your team? In my school there are only two of us in fourth grade, so we are always getting each other little goodies.

FYI - at Dollar Tree I just found the cutest binder clips. I use them to hold copies of work for the next day, and sets of papers to be graded. 10 for $1.00.

7. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 12, 2007

There are 6 teachers on our team, so I am putting together something for every one of us (even myself because I don't want to feel left out).

I am driving past Super Target tomorrow on the way to the NY Yankees game!!! :) I HAVE to look.

8. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Jul 12, 2007

When are you planning on handing them out? I've done welcome back muffins for the first day, with a little poem:

Little Miss Muffet
    Sat down on her tuffet
    ready to teach for the day
    When to her surprise
    Mrs. K arrives
    with a great muffin to start her day
    "Thank you!" she says
    "You're welcome," is replied
    "hope this helps brighten
    your first day!"

Welcome back!!

9. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 12, 2007

I think I may visit each teacher individually during pre-planning so I can talk with her for a few minutes. The team leader hands hers out to the team at the same time, but I don't want to hand mine out at the same time as her because that's her time to talk with us. :)

10. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Jul 13, 2007

In a recent post a few of us mentioned the website that has adorable custom made stickers. I gave these to my grade level as part of their Christmas gifts last year. There are 63 stickers per sheet and they are only 2.00.
    I think the website is www.threedoggraphx.com

11. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2007

Vitamin Water is big around here, so I bought all of my teacher friends bottles of the kind that is supposed to help you relax for summer break. When we go back, maybe I'll buy them some "energy" or "focus."
    Kim

12. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Jul 13, 2007

Love the vitamin water idea!!!

13. I want to TEACH

I want to TEACH Companion

Jul 13, 2007

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for my team. I was thinking about giving them each a cute coffee mug full of Hershey's kisses. Do y'all think this is ok?? I believe every teacher needs chocolate :D and we have a hot chocolate/cappuccino machine in our work room that they could use the mug for during the year.

14. I want to TEACH

I want to TEACH Companion

Jul 13, 2007

I love this idea too!!! I just heard that the vitamin waters are really good. I always passed by them in the store because I thought they would taste like gross flavored water. Now that I know that they taste really good, I am going to go pick some up!! I'm sure they help keep you away from the doctor!!! What are some of your favorite flavors???

15. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2007

Well, my FAVORITE one is called xxx because it has triple the antioxidents. It's a pomegranete (sp??), blueberry and apple mixture....yummy! But I also like "defense" and "energy" and "formula 50" flavors. I don't so much like the "focus" flavor, but I'll drink it. I really don't like the lemony one....but I don't know what it's called. I'm going to give everyone a bottle of "Energy" and a bottle of "focus" with a couple of Luna bars and some hand sanitzer...in a cute little gift bag. I may just order those personalized stickers, too.
    Kim

16. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Jul 13, 2007

A plant for their room.

A jar of berry jam. "Wishing you the Berry Best year"

I won't give a coffee cup. Every teacher gets three or four every year.

17. chicagoturtle

chicagoturtle Fanatic

Jul 13, 2007

I'm jealous. We have gatorade...

18. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 14, 2007

I drink the same kind! Very good! :) I also like Focus. I especially drink Focus during standardized testing...