Lit circle role sheets

Discussion in 'Fourth Grade' started by msb0803, Aug 8, 2007.

1. msb0803

msb0803 Rookie

Aug 8, 2007

I am moving to 4th grade this year and we use lit circles. I own a few books that list some role worksheets but I dislike them. Would anyone like to share their role sheets with me??

Thanks!

3. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 8, 2007

Which books do you have?

Type Laura Candler into Google. She has numerous sheets, and then if you type in http://www.readinglady.com , go to the sheets that reference the book Mosaic of Thought. Those are the best I can think of. :)

4. msb0803

msb0803 Rookie

Aug 9, 2007

Thank you for the links!

5. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 9, 2007

Do you need any others? I think there are a few good others out there... but these are pretty extensive. :) There's also this INCREDIBLE book I have- it's a cranberry color and has over 20 kinds of response sheets. It's called 25 Reproducible Literature Circle Role Sheets for Fiction and Non-Fiction Books, and it's from a company I don't have any other book from. :)

6. msb0803

msb0803 Rookie

Aug 9, 2007

Ms. Jasztal,

I have the Cranberry book!!! As I was reading your post I was thinking to myself " I know I have this book somewhere!" Sure enough after a little searching I found it!

Do you all typically stick to the basic roles: word finder, illustrator, connector, etc??

7. jmpteaches

jmpteaches Rookie

Oct 10, 2007

WOW! I happened to stumble upon this post and checked out the website you listed. She has some wonderful ideas and ways to make Literature Circles easy to implement in the classroom. I think lit circles are a wonderful idea, but always struggle with how to make them manageable in my classroom. This really helps! Thanks!

Also, for others using lit circles, how do you select the number of pages your students read each day? Do you require them to finish for homework if they don't finish during class? If so, does this leave them with reading homework on most evenings?

8. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Oct 10, 2007

Yes, her resources are very easy! As I see my students working closer and closer to Literature Circles, I get very excited. :)

9. MrsM1

MrsM1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2007

Can I use the Lit Circles for all content areas?
    I would like to use them during sci. and ss.
    what do you think?