Listing References

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by NCP, Mar 25, 2006.

1. NCP

NCP Comrade

Mar 25, 2006

When listing references, do you list your supervisor, principal, or people who can give a character reference, a coworker? I have heard to different opinions on the matter. Most applications have you list your supervisor, so should references be different people? Thanks for you opinions!

3. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Mar 25, 2006

The people that I use as references have all been my supervisor in one way or another (my old boss, my CT from student teaching, my college supervisor from student teaching, and now the principal of the school where I sub).

4. Lesley

Lesley Habitué

Mar 25, 2006

I have a list that I put in with my application, and cover letter, it has my principals (I taught in several schools), 2 teachers I worked with and know my work and then I list 2 personal references. I give their names, titles, addresses and telephone numbers. Of course they all know I have put them on my list :)

5. Lanie

Lanie Cohort

Mar 26, 2006

I also put Principal, co-workers and personal references. I think it shows a good balance if they actually call you. I think that having a reference from your Principal would be great, but I think that your co-workers could have a much better insight as to who you are as a teacher/co-worker/friend, etc. Just make sure that the people you choose will give you a good recommendation! ;)

6. NCP

NCP Comrade

Mar 26, 2006

Thanks everyone. I didn't think I would be doing this again so soon!