listening center

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by kate2, Jul 30, 2010.

1. kate2

kate2 Rookie

Jul 30, 2010

I am looking to purchase equipment for a listening center. I want something where I can hang the headsets. They are always a tangeld mess. Does anyone have any suggestions on one they like/where you got it.

Thanks

3. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Jul 30, 2010

I just hang my headsets with one of those white plastic hook things that sticks to the wall or whatever surface you want.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  4. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 31, 2010

I asked parents for donations of old discmans last year. Since most people have now switched to ipods/mp3 players there were lots of people who had them to donate. Just a thought.

As for the headphones...I have each child bring in a pair as part of their supply list. We do this for health reasons. I keep them in Ziplocs with their name on it.

5. UVAgrl928

UVAgrl928 Habitué

Jul 31, 2010

I have 8 baskets, each with an individual discman in it. In the basket, the CD is already in the player, along with the headphones, and the book. I like doing it this way because it still lets them pick what book they want to read, without them putting the CD in themselves. And when they grab the basket, they have everything that they need!

6. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Jul 31, 2010

This got me thinking... and grossed out. lol. Maybe I should put a package of wipes at the station and they have to wipe their headphones down when they are done. I hope baby wipes would kill the germs...