Lindsay Lohan

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Echo, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Echo

Echo New Member

Jul 10, 2009

Is anyone here still a fan of LL, despite her past issues? I must say that I watched Mean Girls on TBS the other day and I still think she's so adorable and has great comedic timing! I'm hoping for a comeback! Did you all hear that her most recent movie, Labor Pains, will premiere on TV this month? It's also a comedy - which I think is her forte - so I'll definitely be watching :)

3. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jul 10, 2009

Haven't heard that but I heard she got caught stealing something the other day.

4. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Jul 10, 2009

I feel such sadness for her. I am afraid she is going to end up like Anna Nicole and Michael Jackson, seriously. She just is not growing up, has no value system, no guidance.

I do like her movies and will watch the new comedy. I do love her in a comedy! Just wish she would get over herself and get some help. I think she is super lonely and trying to fill that loneliness with all the wrong things.

5. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jul 10, 2009

As far as an actress, I am just neutral on her. I agree with the other things you said bonneb. It's not like she had great role models either.

She just seems like the kind of person you can't count on or trust in the least. That's sad.

6. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Jul 10, 2009

I try to reserve judgement, especially when it comes to celebrities. I don't know Lindsay Lohan's full circumstances or why she makes the choices she does, only that she makes those choices. To make an analogy to Michael Jackson, many people assumed that he bleached his skin and got reconstructive surgery on his nose to appear "white." However recently many people discovered he has a skin condition, vitiligo, where he loses the pigment in his skin. And he had severe burns on his head and face which explain why he had the reconstructive nose surgery. This goes to show that we often make assumptions about people and judge them based on our assumptions. I would rather just say "I don't know" than feel sad or disgusted by someone (like Lindsay Lohan) when in truth, I don't know all there is to know.

7. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jul 10, 2009

Maybe so, but I still wouldn't have her babysit my kids.

8. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Jul 10, 2009

I just feel sad for her because in an interview she stated that she can't handle being alone. She often takes men (and women0 home for the night simply because she wants a warm body in bed with her. To me that is sad and indicates a well of sadness inside her. Plus she messes with a lot of alcohol and drugs, and mainly, she has nobody to help her do what is best for her, rather than what she wants to do.

9. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 10, 2009

I watched a re-run of Ellen this past week and Lindsay was on. I just love Ellen to pieces and was impressed when she very kindly broke it down for Lindsay...in a very subtle way. She insinuated that Lindsay was perhaps fueling the rumor fire, but she put herself in the equation opposed to Lindsay. It was well said.

As to the question, I'm quite neutral. It's not that I don't care, because I want the best for everyone, but I don't care...if that makes sense. :)

10. each1teach1

each1teach1 Cohort

Jul 10, 2009

I liked her in Georgia Rules with Jane Fonda, but I'm not a big fan of any of the Hollywood Starlettes.

11. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 10, 2009

I don't care for her that much as an actress. I only liked Mean Girls & own the DVD. Also watched I Know Who Killed Me, Georgia Rules, Life-Size, & snippets of The Parent Trap, which BTW, I loved the original Parent Trap w/ Haley Mills much better.

12. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Jul 10, 2009

I liked The Parent Trap and Mean Girls, mainly because I think it sends a good message to high school students.

13. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 10, 2009

Okay, a confession. And I don't know why I feel compelled to share this, but...

One of my favorite movies is Life Size with Lindsay Lohan (questionable) and Tyra Banks (who annoys me greatly). I even own it. And I don't own many movies. One of life's little mysteries. :)

14. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2009

We watched the rerun of Ellen with Lindsay the other day and honestly, it was out of fascination like the kind you have when you look at train wreck footage. I hope she gets some help and direction because I agree with ellen in that Lindsay is a multi-talented person but she does fuel her own gossip mill.

15. Echo

Echo New Member

Jul 14, 2009

YES! Thank you for sharing...I love Life Size, too! How funny...I thought I was probably the only one who's ever seen it - haha! That's so great. See, as I was saying, I really love old-school LiLo, so I'm really hoping that this Labor Pains movie is a return to that. Based on the supporting cast, it should be pretty funny - Cheryl Hines, Chris Parnell (from SNL), Janeane Garofalo. All a great sign!

16. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 14, 2009

Have you guys heard about the new TV movie she'll be in called Labor Pains on July 19th on the cable channel ABC Family?

(Yes, Life Size was mentioned on p. 1 :))

17. Sheila

Sheila Comrade

Jul 14, 2009

My favorite movie with her is Freaky Friday. She and Jamie Lee Curtis are great in that movie. That is the only one I like.

18. Echo

Echo New Member

Jul 16, 2009

Yes ma'am! That's what I had originally posted about...it's on this Sunday at 8! I can't wait to see it!

19. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 16, 2009

Great, I'll probably DVR it myself! :thumb: