Life is Very Good !!! ......

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Major, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Major

Major Connoisseur

Jul 12, 2014

Title says it all......... I've been blessed all of my life. I have no idea why..... but I have been. I've done a lot of "good" things (IMHO) ....... and screwed up a lot........ But all-in-all life is good... (actually it's better than that!)

Major........ :)

3. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Jul 12, 2014

Me too! Sometimes we get stuck thinking about how things could be better if only...but life is really good!
    Thanks for the happy thoughts Major. Glad things are good for you too..

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2014

Sure beats the alternative! Cheers, major!

5. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Jul 12, 2014

Glad to hear that everything is going well in your life. We welcomed our first grandchild into the world in January and I look at her and feel like we are so blessed to have her and 3 great children. Glad that you reminded me to think about all the blessings in my life!!

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 12, 2014

That's great Major! :thumb:

7. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2014

Major,

You brought tears to my eyes. I have been having a rough year and I need to remember this. When my father died in February, one of the last things he said that I could understand was, Ï've had a good life." Isn't wonderful to be able to think that at the end of your life? I think it gave him peace.

Major, I appreciate you. Many of your posts are thoughtful and good points to share. Thank you.

8. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 13, 2014

Probably just a coincidence, but I am getting ads for the "Life is Good" t-shirts when I open your thread!

I have been very discouraged by a lot of issues in my district this summer, but I need to stop and remember how good my personal life actually is. Thanks for the reminder.

9. Major

Major Connoisseur

Jul 13, 2014

So sorry for your loss, scmom. I lost my father quite a few years ago .... but I still talk to him. Take comfort in knowing your father "had a good life." Bunch of hugs coming your way....... :)

10. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 13, 2014

Even the bumps & things we have no control of....I feel the same way... I have a Blessed life!!!

11. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jul 23, 2014

Major, I love your positivity. Thank you for that!

12. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

Jul 24, 2014

We all have bumps, but I agree, Major -- life can be very good.

Recently, I've:

• Bought a nice new house (that needs work, but is big and comfortable with a baseball field across the street)
    • Watched my youngest son cap his summer baseball season with an inning in which he fielded all three outs (one a pop fly, one chasing down someone who'd tried to make it from second to third, and one throwing out a runner at home)
    • Seen my oldest get into the top honors track in math and science in a terrific local public high school
    • Gotten into a project at my job where I work half the time at night, allowing me to work from home up to 4 days a week.
    • Helped my middle son recover his work ethic after an overly-nice teacher let him get away with far too much.

Next projects: renovating the house, improving my stature at work enough so my wife can stop working, and enjoying life :)

13. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 24, 2014

That´s great to hear! I´m glad things are going well. :)

14. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 24, 2014

Blueberry picking..... Ahhhh life is good!!!
    (A bonus went with my dad...never picked in his 60+ years & he paid for berries we picked plus the smoothie) :)