Life after non-renewal

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Dt45, May 6, 2016.

1. Dt45

Dt45 Guest

May 6, 2016

Recently, I learned that I would be non-renewed for the upcoming school year. However, I spent all of my savings to move here (Atlanta) and I really don't want to leave...nor can I afford it.
    Has anyone applied at the same district after a non-renewal? Is that even possible?

3. pommom

pommom Comrade

May 6, 2016

apply at other districts in your area. As well as schools within the same district, i don't see why not.

4. Mr.history

Mr.history Cohort

May 8, 2016

There are TONS of jobs on teachgeorgia.org right now. Start applying ASAP.
    I probably wouldn't put too much hope in getting the same district but it definitely doesn't hurt to try!

otterpop likes this.
  5. MrHopefulTeach

MrHopefulTeach Rookie

May 8, 2016

My district won't rehire nonrenewals ever again. I was just non renewed. There are plenty jobs out there if this is the case. Check with hr.

6. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

May 9, 2016

When I was non renewed I was told I could apply to any position in the district that I was qualified for. I knew I had no chance is h e double hockey sticks in getting one of those said jobs, so I didn't. In fact I would never ever go back to that district ever again. I even graduated from there. It's nice to be part of as a student, or even as a parent, but as a teacher it leaves a lot to be desired.

7. pommom

pommom Comrade

May 9, 2016

san antonio isd?

8. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

May 9, 2016

No

9. miatorres

miatorres Comrade

May 9, 2016

It is possible to for teachers to apply to the district in which they were non-renewed, unless there is a written policy stating that non-renewed teachers will not be considered for future employment.

Something else to consider is whether the admins who gave you a non-renewal have moved on since you taught at that school. It's possible that the new admins have disagreed with the way things were handled at the school in the past and that they WILL consider hiring you. I know that this may be a very unusual circumstance, but I know of a few schools with a high turnover of admins; often the current admins didn't agree with the choices of past admins.