Life Advice and encouragement

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherCuriousExplore, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeacherCuriousExplore

TeacherCuriousExplore Cohort

Jul 14, 2018

Hello everyone. I am needing some advice and encouragement as well as prayer. I am in the worse financial situation I have ever been in. Some bills are late and credit score has dropped some points. I am still waiting to receive the final paycheck from my family to help me out. I am currently only relying on a weekly payment from a tutoring company that only is good for gas, food, and small bills for the week or two. I did manage to get hired to teach at a new online school and I am in the onboarding process. Once onboarding is over, I will be able to teach and make enough money to afford a decent living. Thankfully, onboarding will be over Monday and I will begin to teach on Tuesday. Today I went to visit my parents for extra cash to get by for the week. I was without feminine products and did not have any gas. My sister helped me out with feminine products but my mom did not give me the 20 dollars I needed for gas. She wanted me to wait until she gets back from where ever she was to give me what I needed. I do not understand why it was so hard for her to give it to me before she left. I had to ride 30 mins back with a tank on halfway on E. I am not sure if it will make to the gas station on Monday once I get paid again for the week.
    I am so tired and drained from depending on my parents for money. I want to work somewhere that is not family oriented. Our paychecks are late once again due to the state having a fiscal year. I am tired of being paid sporadically. At least working from home will offer pay that is on time where I can use a schedule of when bills can be paid. I am so sad and feel so lost. I have been in my new place for a few weeks and have no money for furniture. I am not sure will my parents pay me my full check next week to cover rent and every other bill.

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 14, 2018

I think you need a different kind of forum at this point.

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 14, 2018

I do wish you the best, but you need the kind of support you haven't been willing to accept from members here.

5. a2z

a2z Maven

Jul 14, 2018

How awful that she would make you wait!

6. anna9868

anna9868 Habitué

Jul 15, 2018

how sad! your story does sound like a classical example of someone being emotionally abused by "the parents". I say "the parents" because I'm not sure who exactly in your family is responsible for it. Oftentimes, it's the mom

Yea, I agree your goal #1 is to try to find a job where you don't depend on your parents. Sounds like they have gotten used to seeing you as a failure in life, and they think you should be independent by now. What they don't understand is that THEY are the source of your negative energy, or energy drainage, so the faster you are able to separate from them, the better. Financially, as well as physically. good luck!

7. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2018

Not sure that they see you as a failure, so they treat you poorly. I'm thinking that for some perverse reason your family sets you up to fail. Maybe it is to keep you under their thumb/control, or their way of building themselves up by putting you down? Sounds like a very dysfunctional family dynamic, but that's just my personal opinion.

I think that you need some help. I would be inclined to think that a family counselor may be beneficial, but I don't know how to deal with parents who almost certainly will reject the suggestion outright because they're afraid that they may be called out for their part in family problems or dysfunction.

That said, I agree with those who have suggested that this specific thread needs to find a home on a site dealing with family problems, perhaps one that could lead OP to find free or reduced cost services in her locale. It feels like this is a long, drawn out family matter, probably with roots that run deep.

I wish OP best of luck, but have nothing to offer that could provide guidance beyond suggesting that OP reach out to professionals who are qualified to help her sort out the problems and find solutions that may work for her family.

8. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 15, 2018

czacza likes this.
  9. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 16, 2018

Sorry, you were given advice to stop working for your parents ages ago. You obviously didn't take our advice then so why are you asking for advice again???

10. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 16, 2018

Deja vu all over again.

11. greendream

greendream Cohort

Jul 16, 2018

[​IMG]

12. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Phenom

Jul 16, 2018

It’s hopeless...

czacza likes this.
  13. a2z

a2z Maven

Jul 16, 2018

I have to ask... if you needed the money that desperately, why didn't you wait?

futuremathsprof and czacza like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.