licensure process (Indiana)

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by laceyk8, Jun 14, 2015.

1. laceyk8

laceyk8 Rookie

Jun 14, 2015

Waiting for license...Apply for jobs or wait?

I recently passed my last exams and have everything completed to apply for licensure, as soon as I receive my official test scores (should be by the beginning of next week) once I complete my licensure application should I begin applying for jobs, or will it be better to wait until I actually receive it and am fully licensed? According to the Indiana DOE website it can take 4-6 weeks for the application to be processed.

3. laceyk8

laceyk8 Rookie

Jul 5, 2015

I've applied for license, still waiting for it to process. I've found several job postings I'd like to apply for, but some of them specifically say to send/upload your license. Should I wait and hope I receive them before the posting ends, or go ahead and apply? If I go ahead and apply, where/how should I mention that I've applied for my license, just haven't received them yet?

4. shoreline02

shoreline02 Cohort

Jul 5, 2015

I've always applied even when I didn't have my license. Sometimes you can get a paper from your college stating that you've completed all requirements so if they ask you to upload your license you could upload that form instead.

5. kaitydid

kaitydid Rookie

Jul 6, 2015

I would go ahead and apply. I applied when I didn't have my license. In fact, I got hired even though I'm still not licensed and won't be able to apply for my license until August because I'm completing one last class this summer. When I was applying, I uploaded a letter from my school stating that I am in the process of completing my licensure and was expected to be done by X date. The district didn't have a problem with it.

6. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jul 7, 2015

What part of Indiana are you from? You should start applying now. If you wait until you have the license in hand there is a good chance that school will start and there won't be any jobs.