Library Assistant interview

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by wdwteach, Jul 12, 2012.

1. wdwteach

wdwteach Cohort

Jul 12, 2012

I am on the other end of things. I am a school librarian and I will be sitting in on the interviews for a library assistant position in my library. I am trying to make a list of possible questions to ask. Anyone interviewed for this kind of position before?

3. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Jul 12, 2012

I would say you could present them with a typical situation and/or problem and ask how they would handle it.

4. imanashhole

imanashhole Companion

Jul 12, 2012

since it's your library, think about what qualities YOU want in an assistant. do you give your assistants a lot of responsibility and independence? do you work in collaboration with your assistants or do you dictate tasks? figure out whats important to you and ask questions where the answers will demonstrate what kind of person they are regarding teamwork, independence, and of course experience.

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jul 13, 2012

I agree with thinking about what you want and need your assistant to do and then gearing the questions toward this.

I would also try to ask a few questions to figure out their work ethic (do they miss work a lot, do they work diligently and independently)