Librarian Job Help

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Miss Snix, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Miss Snix

Miss Snix Companion

Apr 16, 2010

Found 2 Different Jobs to Apply for!

While searching for jobs I have come across a position as a 'Information Services Librarian' (aka librarian lol) for my local library. It is only temporary, 3 months, but it pays the same as teaching and I have subbed as a librarian at different schools serveral times and really enjoyed it. So have decided to apply for this job but I need to change my cover letter (is a requirement on the online application) which currently is teacher orientated to something more...librarian focused. So any tips of help would be greatly appreciated :thanks:

Update
    I'm still planning on applying for the library job but in the local paper found another job advertised for a full time 'Inclusion Support Facilitator' with organisation called Noah's Ark (http://www.noahsark.net.au) they are wanting an Early Childhood trained teacher to work with special needs children. I graduated as an Early Childhood teacher in 2006 and am 2 months away from graduating from a Master of Special Education. So this job is more up my ally.

Just thought I'd share :)

3. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Apr 16, 2010

Do you have librarian certification or an MLIS? Wouldn't that be required? Here you need to get certified with the state and take a test in order to be a librarian. Not too far off with what you have to do to be a teacher.

4. Miss Snix

Miss Snix Companion

Apr 16, 2010

The job application says...
    I checked the ALIA (Australian Library and Information Association) website and it seems fairly straight forward and easy to be able to join :)

5. Miss Snix

Miss Snix Companion

Apr 18, 2010

Have updated my original post because I have found a second job I'm planning on applying for and thought it's better to have it all in one thread.