Letter

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Beth2004, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Nov 8, 2005

I am sending this letter home with the students in the classroom where I will be a long-term sub from Dec-March. The teacher is writing one and wants to send both letters together soon. I would love for people to read it and let me know what you think!

Dear Families,

My name is Bethany ****** and I will be the substitute in Mrs. ******’s fourth grade classroom while she is on maternity leave. I graduated from Bridgewater State College in May 2005 with a Bachelor of Science degree in elementary education. I also have a license to teach elementary (grades 1-6) in Massachusetts.

I am very excited to be filling in for Mrs. ****** while she is away. I have already been in contact with her for a few weeks and I am beginning to familiarize myself with the curriculum. I have also visited the classroom already and will spend some more time there with the students before Mrs. ****** leaves. I want to try to make this transition as smooth as possible for the students.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. For now, I can be reached by email at: (Email Address) and starting December 5th you will also be able to reach me by phone at the school.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation during this time of transition for the students and myself. I look forward to meeting and working with all of you!

Thank you again,
    Ms. ******

3. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Nov 8, 2005

Sounds good to me Beth !!!! Good Luck !!!

4. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Nov 8, 2005

Beth that sounds wonderful. I hope you really enjoy it!!!

5. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Nov 8, 2005

The letter looks great! Good Luck! :)

6. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Nov 8, 2005

Sounds good...good luck!! I may wind up teaching 4th grade next year, so let me know what you think of it:)

7. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Nov 8, 2005

Thanks everyone!

8. belovedrebel

belovedrebel Rookie

Nov 8, 2005

Good luck! I am curious to hear about your experiences!

9. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Nov 8, 2005

Oh believe me, you'll all be reading about my experiences because I'm sure I'll be on here posting questions everyday!

10. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2005

Beth the letter sounds good, you have included the things the parents want to hear. Good luck, I can't wait to hear all about it. I hope you are not going to be to busy to post!

11. pam1212

pam1212 Rookie

Nov 8, 2005

The letter sounds great!! Parents like to know who is taking over their child's classroom. Last year I did a long term sub in a 2nd grade class. The principal hosted a "Meet & Greet" after school one day for the parents to come in and meet me. I was so nervous, a lot of the parents came in and they were very friendly.
    You'll have a great time and it will look good on your resume.
    I didn't get a job in that district this year, but I was offered a job in a different district. If all goes well, I will be starting on Dec. 5th too!!:
    p

12. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Nov 9, 2005

Thanks for all of the responses everyone! :)

Pam1212, the "Meet & Greet" is actually a great idea. I may suggest something like that to the principal. The classroom teacher has already completed all of her parent/teacher conferences so that I won't have to do them (thank goodness! haha) but that means that I may not see many of the parents during the 3 1/2 months that I'm there.
    I went by there today to drop off the letter for the parents and a letter I wrote to the students. I'm really excited about getting started. I loved student teaching and honestly just miss being in the classroom. It will also be really great to have something other than student teaching and my work at an after school program to put on my resume!