Letter Writing!

Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by sophie1, Jul 7, 2008.

1. tgim

tgim Habitué

Nov 29, 2008

Our letter is finished and now we are compiling pix, maps, and brochures...fun, fun!!

2. gab

gab Comrade

Dec 1, 2008

Finally!!!! I put all the letters in the mail today so people should be getting them soon!

3. Falcon Flyer

Falcon Flyer Companion

Dec 1, 2008

We're nearly done. Just putting in some finishing touches. Also, remember our address is 615 S Madison, not 657. Have enjoyed everyone's letters so far!

4. Touchthefuture

Touchthefuture Comrade

Dec 24, 2008

Hi all,
    I have not forgotten either. The letter is done. I am going to give my envelopes to a mom the 1st week of the year and then mine should be out. We have enjoyed the letters so far. Thanks to all of you who were on their toes and made the deadline. Happy Holidays to all of you and enjoy your time off!
    touchthefuture

5. Falcon Flyer

Falcon Flyer Companion

Jan 30, 2009

Just one more reminder from Texas. Our address is 615 S Madison not 657. It is wrong on the list. We've only gotten 7 letters so far, so maybe that's why. We have New York, Pennslyvania, Maryland, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida, and Washington. Sorry for the confusion!

6. gab

gab Comrade

Jan 30, 2009

We've received 8 letter so far. The envelopes, with letters inside, are stapled on a bulletin board surrounding a US map. I use highlighter tape leading from the envelopes to their state of origin. It's been fun looking at maps and discussing the differences and similarities to our state.

7. tgim

tgim Habitué

Jan 31, 2009

I WILL get my letters out in the next week or so. I have had two deaths in the family in the past month - both unexpected, so it has been hard. I think I have only been in my classroom 8 days this whole month, between funerals, traveling out of state, and snow days! Watch for INDIANA's letter soon, and again, I am sorry not to have been more prompt.:sorry:

8. lou reed

lou reed Companion

Jan 31, 2009

I've sent out Utah to most people, then ran out of stamps. Everyone else should receive Utah by Wednesday.

The kids love getting them, and I like that they've been stretched out over several months. It'll be a fun thing to anticipate.

9. asumountaineer

asumountaineer Rookie

Mar 31, 2009

Has everyone mailed out letters? I am checking my list and I am missing 10 states. VA, CO, MI, MO, KY, NJ, WI, IL, AZ, IN
    I would love to hear from all the states before the end of the year!

10. caliteach78

caliteach78 Rookie

Apr 5, 2009

Hi, this is California-I sent all my letters out in DEC. and I've only gotten 6. Is this what everyone else got??

11. Falcon Flyer

Falcon Flyer Companion

Apr 6, 2009

California, This is Texas, and we haven't gotten your letter. Did you get ours? Remember, my address was wrong on the initial list. The address is 615 S Madison, not 657.

12. tgim

tgim Habitué

Apr 12, 2009

I will have my volunteer parent put it all together this week! Happy Spring!