Letter To P to improve Demo

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Juliet727, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Juliet727

Juliet727 Rookie

Aug 14, 2015

Who has written a letter to a P after not getting hired ( I'm assuming since no one bothered to call me about the job) in order to get feedback on their demo. I wrote but haven't sent it yet

Dear ________,

Good afternoon Dr.__________, I hope you had a great vacation. I know this is a busy time of year but if you have a little time I would like to ask you for some feedback on my demo lesson. Your opinion on what I can improve would be greatly appreciated, so that I may improve my performance on any and all future demo lessons.

Sincerely,
    ______

Sound good? Can I improve this letter? Help! Lol

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 14, 2015

Your letter sounds fine. I think it would be a rare principal, however, who would give you the feedback you are seeking. :sorry:

4. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Aug 14, 2015

I honestly don't think it's a good idea to send this. I don't think it's because it was bad demo but I think they may have seen something different in another candidate. It's not their job to tell you what they liked/dislike (all principals are different and prefer different things). I would just move on. It wasn't meant to be. Good luck to you. I know it sucks and it's hard. We all support you on here!

5. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Aug 14, 2015

I think it doesn't hurt to ask. Most principals will not give you feedback, so don't get your hopes up, but I just found out this summer that my P actually does give feedback to anyone who asks for it! She was telling us about it when we had some lag time between interviews this summer. She said she's had some awkward conversations but is always willing to help people out.