Letter Tile Acitvity Ideas

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by vbubbles1874, May 15, 2010.

1. vbubbles1874

vbubbles1874 Companion

May 15, 2010

I recently purchased some of those letter tiles in a jug and I need some new ideas for using them in my classroom. I've printed off a couple of things that I found online for using them to spell letter words, but I need some other ideas.

Thanks!

3. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

May 15, 2010

www.makelearningfun.com has a lot of ideas, organized thematically for using letter tiles.

You could also do simple things like have the children find the letters in their names, put them in alphabetical order, sort upper and lowercase, make matching games - I am sure they will be well used.

4. Blue

Blue Aficionado

May 16, 2010

Put them out, and the kids will find a way to use them.

5. Liljag

Liljag Companion

May 16, 2010

Make a treasure hunt for the kids, having them look for a specific letter/letters that you have hidden in the classroom.

Attach each letter to a paperclip/cardboard fish and go fishing with a magnet fishing pole.

6. forkids

forkids Cohort

May 16, 2010

Put them in a container of some kind - even a grocery bag or sock will do - and have the kids take turns pulling out a tile and identifying the letter/sound. To make a fun game and keep the wiggles at bay, put different things on some tiles like wiggle like a worm, hop three times, jog in place while counting to 10, etc. Everyone stands up and does the activity when these tiles are pulled.

7. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

May 23, 2010

use a piece of poster board or plain paper and laminate it--with squares with the letters in them and let the children match them. put velcro on the back and make up some signs with simple sight words and pictures of the word (cat,dog,mom,dad, bus,car etc) with velcro (the opposite of the velcro on the letters) and let the children go around and match the letters and "write" the word with the velcro pieces