Letter of Introduction to Parents??

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by Sunny Teacher, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Sunny Teacher

Sunny Teacher Rookie

Jan 1, 2009

I'm student teaching in a second grade classroom starting Monday! I asked my CT if I could write a letter of introduction to parents and she said yes!

Perfect. Now the trouble...I'm having a hard time with what exactly to write.

Can anyone share a past letter they have written to help me get a jump start?

Thanks!

Sunny Teacher

3. tcherjen

tcherjen Comrade

Jan 1, 2009

Here's mine. I just graduated so hope it helps.

Dear Parents and Guardians,

My name is __________ and I am an Elementary Education major at ________. I will be completing my final internship in your child's classroom during the next fifteen weeks. I am extremely excited to be working in Mrs._______'s classroom. I look forward to learning from her! I also am very eager to work with and learn from your child.

I am married and have three children: ____, ____, and ________. While in college I worked for ________ and ________. I am especially interested in teaching kindergarten and first grade, which makes this internship a wonderful experience for me.

As part of my internship I will gradually begin teaching your child one subject at a time under the direct supervision of Mrs. ____. I will eventually be conducting all planning, lessons and daily activities for eight weeks. This internship is designed to increase my role in stages so that your child can become familiar with my instructional style. It is also designed to slowly transfer instructional responsibilities back to Mrs. _____,so that your child is ensured a smooth transition.
    I assure you that I am a very dedicated and motivated person, and that I will conduct myself with professionalism and caring behavior at all times. I realize that every child in this class is equally special and I will treat each student with the utmost dignity and respect.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact me or Mrs.___ at (000) 000-0000

Sincerely,

Hope this helps ya! :)

4. Sunny Teacher

Sunny Teacher Rookie

Jan 1, 2009

Thanks! That's a great help. :)

5. tcherjen

tcherjen Comrade

Jan 1, 2009

Any time. :)

6. Bumble

Bumble Groupie

Jan 2, 2009

I just graduated too. I student taught in a 5th grade class.

Here is my letter:

Dear Parents and Guardians,
    I hope that your summer was enjoyable. I wanted to introduce myself. I’m a student teacher in your child’s classroom. I’m in my last semester at Temple University. I’m dual majoring in Elementary and Special Education. For the past two years I have worked in a third grade learning support classroom as a paraprofessional. I’m very interested in learning about your child. I am very excited to be given the opportunity to start off the year in your child’s classroom. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to better help you child. You can contact me at (insert email here) if you have any questions or concerns.
    Sincerely,

7. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Jan 12, 2009

I will def be working on one tonight! Great idea.

8. porque_pig

porque_pig Comrade

Jan 22, 2009

Mine was a little different because it is for high school students.

Dear Students and Parents,

Welcome to Spanish II! Spanish is one of the most practical subjects to study in high school. Knowing Spanish will help you communicate with other people, understand other cultures, and even get a job! I hope you continue to study Spanish throughout your high school career and perhaps beyond that.
    My name is ________, and I am a student teacher this semester. This means that I am currently in the last phase of obtaining my teaching license for Spanish: a semester of full-time teaching at a public school. I am thrilled to be working with ________ who is a very experienced teacher and supervisor. I expect the next few months to be a learning experience for everyone involved, and I hope for cooperation from my students and their parents. If anyone (students or parents) has any questions or concerns about the class, feel free to contact me at the school. I will be more than happy to discuss any issues with you in order to guarantee that this semester is the best learning experience possible for my students.
    I have several rules that I expect students in my Spanish classes to follow:
    (1) Please respect your fellow students, your teacher, and the classroom.
    (2) Always come to class fully prepared—your homework, workbooks and pencils will not help you if they are still in your locker.
    (3) Speak as much Spanish as possible!
    If a student chooses not to follow these basic rules, he/she must face appropriate consequences such as detention or suspension.

I cannot wait to start this exciting semester with all of you!

Sincerely,

9. MissBky

MissBky Rookie

Jan 28, 2009

Dear Parents,
    My name is __________ and I will be student teaching in your son/daughter’s 2nd grade classroom for the next 8 weeks. I am a graduate student at _________ in the Master of Arts in Teaching program. This will be my final step before graduating and earning my teaching certificate. I look forward to working with your child during the next 8 weeks, and I will do my best to make sure their learning experience is a fun and exciting one. I will spend time observing ________ before I begin. She will be present for all of the teaching that I do in her classroom.
    Below you will find a Permssion to Videotape Class form. I am required to submit video of my field experience as part of my exit portfolio. If you give permission for your child to participate in this videotaped lesson, please sign the form and have your child return this letter to me at school.
    If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at the school or by e-mail. My e-mail address is __________.
    Sincerely,

10. austeacher

austeacher Rookie

Feb 23, 2011

Any other sample letters? I need some more inspiration please. :haha: