Let's share helpful tips for around the house that others may not have heard before!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Dec 4, 2011.

1. HWilson

HWilson Comrade

Dec 10, 2011

what are the ratios?

2. HWilson

HWilson Comrade

Dec 10, 2011

To remove permanent marker from a slick surface (such as laminated items) go over the markings with a expo dry erase marker, then wipe. It takes it right off.

To clean grout, clorox pens

to hang a picture in the perfect spot, put a dab of toothpaste on the picture frame where the hook is, find your spot and press. Then put your nail through the toothpaste mark on the wall... no more measuring!

to clean microwave, heat a bowl or water and vinegar for 5 minutes and it loosens spots!

Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. It helps them last longer

Boil eggs, when done take out and put in bowl of ice water right away. It will allow you to peel the egg perfectly with no egg sticking to the shell.

After egg has cooled in ice water (a couple of minutes), to peel the egg quickly, crack the egg then rub between both your hands back and forth (like you make a "snake" with Playdough- you know we all do it that way! hehe) and the shell falls off!

When making deviled eggs or stuffed anything, put mixture in a ziploc bag, cut bottom tip of bag and you can pipe in the filling, perfectly, it look professional (if you give it a little swirl while sqeezing it in), and you just throw the bag away when done!

3. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Dec 11, 2011

Great tips, my mil told me this one. Just wanted to give her the credit, lol.

Use salt & dishwashing liquid as a paste to get smells off your hand. Works real well for seafood.

4. K1teach

K1teach Companion

Dec 11, 2011

Yours reminded me of another one! Toothpaste works wonders for getting dye off your skin! I use it when I am a colorful mess after decorating cakes all day, but it also works on koolaid mustaches!

5. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Dec 11, 2011

Also, wish there is a like button

6. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 11, 2011

8. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Dec 11, 2011

I KNOW! I just know, though, that if I try it, they will all come out deformed and oddly shaped! :p