Let's hear the good stuff!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Elcsmith, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Elcsmith

Elcsmith Companion

Aug 28, 2007

What's good about your school? We spend lots of time venting how about some time praising! Let's hear it!

I love my school.
    I work at a title 1 and reading first school and could not be happier. The money going into the schools allows for very nice things to suppliment learning. We have mimo boards, lap top carts, computer labs, 4 computers in each classroom and much more.

I have a super supportive administration, an awesome team and everything I could ask for or need. We're establishing PLCs and they're working well for my grade level. Everything is based on being a team.

There are 17 students in my classroom and a part time assistant/reading coach.

We loop classical music during lunch.

Hmmmm I'm sure there's lots of other good stuff about my school but that's all I've got for now!

3. teachfrog

teachfrog Rookie

Aug 28, 2007

I love my school, too! We were told not to worry about curriculum the first two weeks so that we could set up our class routines and practice procedures. My principal is very team oriented and offers a lot of feedback. Everyone helps everyone else (especially if you are new like me!) and I currently have 17 kindergartners. Yay!

4. Miss_J

Miss_J Habitué

Aug 28, 2007

My principal rocks!
    He is super supportive and cares (I mean really CARES) about all of the students and staff. for example, one of our teachers is having surgery today. She thinks she will be back for the first day of school, but he told her not to worry and that he would rather she stay home longer than rush back to school. He already obtained a sub for the first two days of school just in case.
    How often does a boss tell you to stay out longer!

p.s. this was a great exercise for me to do today! Very stressed!

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 29, 2007

I work with some fabulous, professional, compassionate teachers and administration. Due to some misunderstandings, I had a few difficult times with my principal last year, but we had a very positive meeting yesterday and I know that this year will be much better! I'm really looking forward to it.

6. Mrs.Gould

Mrs.Gould Comrade

Aug 29, 2007

This is my first year in a new district but after summer meetings and 2 days of orientation this week, I can already tell how awesome the school and especially the teachers are. Yesterday, the mentors for the new teachers (there are 5 of us) made lunch for us at one of the mentors house. It was so nice (and yummy!) and we were able to sit and chat about things other than school. You can tell by everyone's interactions that they all have great relationships with each other. The principal is semi-new as well and you can tell she will do just about anything to make sure all our needs are met. It was so nice to hear her say how she couldn't be more pleased with the teachers she hired this year. She referred back to our interviews more than once and I found myself thinking about the job seekers board and how we feel we never get feedback about our interviews. I wish principals would do that more often, because we really do an awesome job considering how nervous we are! Ok I'm rambling and just woke up so I'm done now.:lol: