lessons to do after testing

Discussion in 'General Education' started by HufflePuff, May 3, 2009.

1. HufflePuff

HufflePuff Cohort

May 3, 2009

state testing starts next week. i have 2 reading classes in the afternoon and i don't want to do any lessons that would make my other class fall behind. plus, i know they will be fried from the testing in the morning..

any suggestions for lessons i can do with them for a few days? again, they will be friiiieddd, so i'd like the lessons to be fun and/or relaxing, but of course, still educational. any good videos they could watch and apply somehow to reading?

3. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

May 3, 2009

4. Dynamite Boys

Dynamite Boys Companion

May 3, 2009

I teach math, but I love the activity we've done after state testing the past few years. We do a Dr. Seuss dilation. The kids are given a tiny picture with a grid over it (they have 4 Dr. Seuss characters to choose from). They then make the picture much larger and color it. For them, drawing and coloring doesn't seem to take too much brain power after a long morning of testing. For me, I'm hitting on a math skill of dilation. Fun. After they are started, I spend the rest of the period reading various Dr. Seuss books - it doesn't matter how old they are they still LOVE to be read to! I had kids begging for me to read certain stories!

5. adventuresofJ

adventuresofJ Comrade

May 3, 2009

I'm going to do an auto biography pre-write... they have to draw their time line and include goals for the future..

6. HufflePuff

HufflePuff Cohort

May 5, 2009

i will def. do the superspeed...that's good. :)

i need stuff for 3 more days! heeelp! specifically reading because i don't want to interfere with what other teachers may do...