Lessons on YouTube, Access Control

Discussion in 'General Education' started by SuperSide, Dec 4, 2009.

1. SuperSide

SuperSide Rookie

Dec 4, 2009

I was wondering if anyone had any experience uploading lessons on Youtube.

I teach a series of adult computer classes. I teach a number of different class, that have overlapping start dates.

I want to be able to make the videos available to students after the lessons have been taught. So I am looking for away to control what users see what video. Only giving users on a certain list to specific videos, while hiding the other videos until I give them access.

Is this possible?

3. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Dec 4, 2009

I recommend using teachertube.com instead-- it is designed for teachers to post up lessons, etc. :) I'm not sure if they have that security you're looking for though.

I know that you could use Voice Thread. It allows you to control who sees your videos and allows them to add comments-- either with text, microphone, web-cam, or you can even call in your comment (that costs money though). My school has a subscription to it and all the faculty and students are in a group, so nobody else can see my lessons, etc.

4. wrice

wrice Habitué

Dec 4, 2009

Teachertube is definitely the way to go. You can limit the posting of comments and all of the content is cleared as appropriate. Be sure to back up whatever you post as sometimes things 'disappear' on teachertube- it's not as stable as toutube.

5. andreas802

andreas802 Rookie

Mar 2, 2010

I just used teachertube last night to do a lesson- but it still says being reviewed by moderators.. does anyone know how long it usually takes to post on the site? I need it to be up by tomorrow if not the latest thursday.
    Thanks