Lessons and ideas. Got any? let's share =)

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by teaching2learn, Nov 20, 2006.

1. teaching2learn

teaching2learn Rookie

Nov 20, 2006

Hi everyone,
    I'm teaching in a JK/SK Kindergarten classroom right now. This is my first time teaching this grade and i'm open to any lesson plans anyone has.

Just to share a lesson that I will be teaching this week in hibernation, the children will be adding white cotten balls to a brown-cut out of a rabbit. I'll be explaining to them before hand that certain animals change colours in the winter for so-and-so reasons. This activity will allow the children to see how the rabbit turns from brown to white =) *pretty cute*

If you have any other lessons on hibernation/holidays/anything (etc.) please send me an e-mail. i'd love to hear what kinds of ideas you've all come up with :love:

3. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 20, 2006

4. MsAnn

MsAnn Companion

Nov 21, 2006

Get some Mailbox magazines and books, they are chocked full of great ideas, crafts and worksheets. I *looooove* them. I have every month of their Organize Now as well as 3 yearbooks, a subscription to the magazine and a couple of monthly craft books. I don't use this phrase often at all, but "THEY ROCK!" ;)

I also second the idea of littlegiraffes.com she has so many great ideas. I feel for those kids moving to first grade though they are going to wonder where all the fun went. LOL!

5. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 21, 2006

I've heard so much about mailbox but haven't subscribed to it yet. How much does it cost to get mailbox magazines?

6. bawilliams

bawilliams Rookie

Nov 21, 2006

Mailbox and Teacher's Helper are both great resources, but they can get a little pricey. The school I am at now has copies which they keep in the library for us to check out. You might see if your school does this, and you might also check with other teachers. Sometimes one of you can subscribe to one magazine and one to another. Then you get the best of everything for a whole lot less!:D

7. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 22, 2006

Oh! I've never thought of that! That's a great idea. Thank you. I'll check the library as soon as I can.

8. teaching2learn

teaching2learn Rookie

Nov 22, 2006

Question

Does anyone have a craft idea using pop corn for Kindergartens? JK and SK?

Thank you :love:

P.S. Here's a cute quote i read on a Garfield poster I thought I'd share with everyone: "You can't scare me. I teach" (hehehe):D