Lesson Plans

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Teach'em, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Teach'em

Teach'em Companion

Jan 7, 2009

What sources do you use to write your lesson plans? I know standards are used, but what else?

Does you district give you sample lesson plans and activities to go by, or do you have to search/create all of your own?

3. old-new teacher

old-new teacher Comrade

Jan 7, 2009

I create all of my own using our state standards as a guideline. Now, don't get me wrong. I have a lot of resources available to me with text books series and such. At the beginning of a year, I compared our standards to the materials & curriculum provided to me. Then I created a long-range plan, plugging my curricula into the standards to make sure everything is covered. When certain things across the board work into a thematic unit, I will do it, but I don't do many theme based units in my room, other than following the themes in our Reading Basal program. I created my own lesson plan template in Excel that I use.

Day to day lesson planning, well, I reference my year-long master (which I don't have individual lessons in, just what objectives I am doing for a period of time) and simply write out the activities. You would have to see the year-long plan next to my daily plans to actually see the standards and objectives. Does that even make sense? :lol:

4. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Jan 7, 2009

I use a little of this and a little of that. Our math program is spelled out for us as is our phonics program. However, I always suppliment and reduce or add when needed. Reading and writing is totally me making up the mini lessons based on student needs etc. Science and social studies is based on the district objectives but they do give us some activities that meet them.