Lesson Plans

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Jlyn07, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Dec 29, 2011

I've just begun my first year teaching and I'm still trying to figure out things so they're just how I want them. I teach AIS, math and reading, to all grade levels (K-6), and haven't found a good way to do lesson plans. I have a weekly format I've made up that I write what I'm doing daily but that's it. My principal only requires formal lesson plans for the lessons he observes so I haven't been doing any. My issue is I want to have these lessons for future use but the format I'm using now is not set up for that. Any suggestions? I have 8 different classes to plan for each day, what would be the most time efficient way to do this?

thanks!

3. engineerkyle

engineerkyle Companion

Dec 29, 2011

Hi Joslyn,

I'd try to keep them real simple, a line or two is all.

Your P has giving you grace and I would take 'em up on it. The more you can keep in your noodle the better. And align what you are teaching to the "big ideas" in the core standards.

I expect you will revise year after year as you discover what is important, and what works well for YOUR teaching style.

Keep in mind that your sub will appreciate clear, simple plans...

My 2 cents....

4. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Dec 30, 2011

Set up a word document with your schedule and the things that repeat.
    Then you can add in your plans without much trouble.

My lesson plans are sub ready since I cannot drive if I am too sick to work. The more detail you can write, the better prepared you will be.

It is better to be over prepared than under prepared.