lesson plans

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by MizJudy, Aug 13, 2005.

1. MizJudy

MizJudy Rookie

Aug 13, 2005

Hi! I'm a new Kindergarten teacher and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how they structure their lesson plans the first week. I understand it is a lot of repitition (of routines, etc.), but how do your lesson plans look? I could certainly use some help...

Thanks!! :)

3. Margo

Margo Devotee

Aug 13, 2005

If you are asking about the acual format of my lesson plans for the first week, I don't really use my format. I have my lesson plan template but I don't use it until the second week. The first two days, I just write out what I plan to do. I don't even really use times. I just make a list of what I am going to do in order. I have times for lunch and specials, of course. But I have long since learned that on the first day of school nothing goes as planned and times mean nothing. After the second day, I will start using my lesson plan template but, again, not really paying attention to the actual subject. I fill in the boxes with what I hope to get accomplished. But, again, times really still mean nothing. Now, I am beginning my second week of school on Monday and I am going to try to start sticking to my time frames and start a little more academic stuff. We'll see what happens. It takes awhile before everything falls in place and routines start happening naturally.