lesson plan

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Guest, May 1, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

May 1, 2002

I have to write a lesson plan on how to teach parts of a lessons. (the chapter is how a direct instructin lesson is taught). I'mnot a teacher and I have no clue how to do this. The instructions are "preetend you are asked to teach Chap 7 : How is a direct instruction lesson taught? Make a plan to do that based upon the Seven Parts of a lessonHELP HELP HELP

3. Teacher Barb

Teacher Barb Rookie

May 1, 2002

OK. This is a tough one as I don't think I could name the seven parts of a lesson, but you need to start with 1. The anticipatory set. This is supposed to be a fun activity where you tell the students what they will be learning in the lesson in a fun and exciting way. Then, as I recall, you have 2. your objective input. This is where you actually teach the lesson and what the students are to learn. You can do this via lecture, transparencies, etc. After your objective input, you have 3. a check for understanding. This is where you ask a few questions regarding what you just taught and see if students are understanding what you are teaching, or if you have to go back. Then, you would teach your next objective, (If you have more than one) and check for understanding on that as well. Next, you would have your 4. evaluation. This is where you evaluate if the students have learned the lesson or not with a worksheet or a test, or an oral reciation or the like. Next, you would have 5. closure, which is where you close the lesson by reviewing briefly what they should have learned from the lesson. Finally, it's a good idea to ask for feedback from the students on what they liked and did not like about the lesson that you presented so that you can improve it or modify it in the future. I am not sure what the other two parts are, but some institutions consider advanced work for students who are getting the concept far above and ahead of other students (called Enrichement #6?) and on the same hand, Remediation is for those students who just aren't getting the concept. It is usually extra worksheets, or the lesson broken down into simpler parts so that the student can master the objectives. (#7)? Hope this was of assistance to you.