Lesson Plan Template

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by EiffelTower, Jun 30, 2010.

1. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jun 30, 2010

I'm looking to revamp my lesson plan template and was curious as to what everyone else included in theirs. I typically have:
    • objectives
    • activites (with engagement strategies)
    • key vocabulary words
    • independent work/small groups
    • assessment
    What do you include yours?

3. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Jun 30, 2010

I have a principal who does not micromanage... I bet my lesson plans have never been looked at. Therefore, I don't include much!

I have my teaching point and the activity we will be doing.

4. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

Jun 30, 2010

That's a lot. How long does it take you to write all of that for every week?
    Our lesson plans are supposed to get checked, but, they aren't really. Honestly, I feel if you are not on probation then you should be left alone and just checked on occasion = )

5. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jun 30, 2010

I lesson plan one subject each afternoon for about 45 minutes. Our lesson plans were checked a handful of times last year and since I have a new principal this year, I'm not sure what his expectations are for lesson plans yet. I just want a template that works for me and is useful. I don't just write lesson plans to write them. I actually refer back to them on a regular basis.

6. hawkteacher

hawkteacher Comrade

Jun 30, 2010

My entire lesson plans for the week are found in a calendar for the week that takes up 1 sheet of paper.

7. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Jul 1, 2010

I will say that I do have more in-depth lesson plans that aren't turned in.
    I recently completed the first 9 weeks of science lesson plans that include my teaching point, the learning experience (activity), vocabulary words, essential questions, ann materials needed. I keep these in a binder. I look over them a day or two before the lesson to refresh my memory. I don't turn these in, they are for me.
    I do the same thing for my other subjects.
    I turn in basic lesson plans for the P. Something easy and quick.

8. TeachinHicks

TeachinHicks Comrade

Jul 1, 2010

Mine include the objective, activity or whatever I'm doing that day...our P just has us all use the same template setup in word, but we are free to add as much or as little as is comfortable for us. I always put page numbers, and homework too. I have friends who put EVERYTHING in theirs too. If you'd like a copy PM me and I'll email it to you.

9. heymrsp

heymrsp Rookie

Jul 1, 2010

I've spent the last three years teaching ELA(block scheduling) only, so this is what was in my lesson plans from last year. I will be using this for my ELA plans this year, but need to find a more appropriate format for my other content areas taught(back to self contained classrooms this year). Our lesson plans need to be available, they *could* be checked, but our principal trusts us for the most part and leaves us alone. I always write my plans out so that if I was unexpectedly out, a sub or my teaching partner or PA could follow them. It didn't take me long - maybe 10-15 minutes to do a weeks worth, but I was very familiar with my curriculum - we are getting a new series this year.

ELA Plans contain:
    Materials Needed
    Target Skill/Power Benchmark
    Objectives
    Essential Vocabulary
    DIN
    Procedure (roughly outlines the things I want to accomplish, includes page numbers/activities/etc)
    Grouping Activities/Differentiation
    Assessment
    Homework

10. queenie

queenie Groupie

Jul 1, 2010

Mine is a word document I created and has Objectives, Materials, Procedure, and Assessment.

11. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Jul 1, 2010

queenie, will you share?

This is a weak point for me, for such a silly reason: I can't find a planner that I like! For a long time I made my own by hand, not on computer. But I just haven't been satisfied.