lesson plan resources

Discussion in 'Sixth Grade' started by newtoteach, Oct 2, 2007.

1. newtoteach

newtoteach Rookie

Oct 2, 2007

Although I'm having a great first year so far, I am still a bit overwhelmed when it comes to lesson planning. Being non college of ed. and new, I'm having a hard time and was wondering if anyone knows of reputable online websites that offer help with lesson planning. I have asked teachers in my dept for help and have gotten a little...but would love to be "in the know" about good online resources. The internet is full of useless info and I would like to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks!!

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 2, 2007

I'm not aware of any besides this one.

There are lots of teachers here who are great at planning... why not run your questions by them?

4. cair

cair Rookie

Oct 2, 2007

Teachers are your best resource for lesson plans. If you ask someone on your grade level for help, I'm sure this would work.
    Do you have a mentor? If so, ask for direct help. In my opinion, the internet is not the place to go.

5. cdorey13

cdorey13 Rookie

Oct 2, 2007

What exactly are you looking for? How to write up a formal lesson or just keeping your own lesson plans for the week? Is this for you or your principal? I agree with Aliceacc, run your questions by this website because there is more experience on this website then anywhere else!

6. newtoteach

newtoteach Rookie

Oct 8, 2007

I will begin to ask questions here...:) I really am looking for assistance in writing formal lesson plans-my first formal observation is this week and I am teaching two subjects I don't know that much about-world history and u.s. history....thanks

7. cdorey13

cdorey13 Rookie

Oct 8, 2007

When I write up my formal lesson plans I follow this format:

Objective: (my objective for the students, tied to the state standard)

Curriculum: (whichever series I am using for the lesson)

Sequence: ( I number these out 1, 2, 3, 4, exc. I also word them like 1. Teacher will put two pictures on the overhead. 2. Students will....

Assessment: (I end with the variety of ways I will assess this skill ie. informal assessment on whiteboards, formal assessment: compare/contrast paragraph, exam on Friday)

I think that is about it (all I can think of now), I usually will attach or put it with any worksheet that I will be using during the lesson also. I hope that helps! Good luck this week!

8. wig

wig Devotee

Oct 9, 2007

Mine is pretty similar:

Bell Work:

Learning Objective(s): (clear statements of what students are expected to know and be able to do as a result of the lesson. )

Curriculum and/or State Standards: (In all liklihood your curriculum fits your state standards)

Integrating the Faith: (Probably would not fit in your situation. :) )

Materials/Resources: (List all the instructional materials, resources and technology. If you are using the text book list page numbers)

Procedure for Teaching: (Step-by-step plan)

Student Product for practice or re-inforcement: (Journal entry, worksheet, etc. (include a copy). )

Assessment: Written or oral (include a copy).

If you put Lesson Plan Format into a search engine, you should come up with some models.