lesson plan book

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by cristib, Aug 6, 2004.

1. cristib

cristib Rookie

Aug 6, 2004

I am looking for suggestions for a really good lesson book/ record book for first grade. In the past, I have used the ones supplied by our school, and I think they are designed more for higher grades. Thank you!

3. Seich30

Seich30 Comrade

Aug 6, 2004

I create mine using Word. I type in everything in my schedule that doesn't change and then leave blanks for what I need to write in daily. I run off copies of the pages--works like a dream. This way you can tailor it just for your needs.

4. SarahSeitz

SarahSeitz Rookie

Aug 7, 2004

I have used the Lee Canter book (has large squares), Mailbox has a nice one. This year I'm using word perfect, I created a template which I can go to each week and then save as the week's date.
    Our system uses STI for attendance, and the older grades use the plan section for their lesson plans. We may all have to do that before long!

5. MDMontessori

MDMontessori Companion

Aug 11, 2004

I am also using my computer and word using tables. It has been a HUGE learning curve for me but I have it down now pretty well. It is so nice not to have to write out all the repetitive stuff. But I did take a huge piece of paper and divided it into 10 sections. I put in all the things i MUST teach in the 10 months. That made sure I covered all the required stuff. Then I fleshed it out on a piece of notebook paper. I have September all done. I am not going any further because this is the first year we have to turn in lesson plans. I want to make sure it is right before I go any fruther.