Lesson Ideas Please

Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by TeachLI123, Jul 17, 2009.

1. TeachLI123

TeachLI123 Companion

Jul 17, 2009

Hi, I just found out that I am doing a demo lesson with between 18-25 below average bilingual students. The topics I can choose from are: time, money, geometry, place value to 100, or comparing and ordering numbers. I could also do a review lesson of adding and subtracting. Can anyone offer some suggestions for my lesson. Thank you,

3. Touchthefuture

Touchthefuture Comrade

Jul 18, 2009

I would choose something like time or money as you can use visuals with both of those. That is something that you need for ESL . There are many different things that you can do with both of these. It all depends on what they know so far. Do they have the vocabulary yet? If not you can start there.

4. fawyndra

fawyndra Rookie

Jul 30, 2009

I agree with the previous poster that no matter what you choose, you should make sure you have visuals. With that said, you can do visuals for most if not all of the above topics.

I assume, since you are in the 2nd. grade section, that geometry is learning the names of the different shapes, and why they are called that? This would be a easy one to do visually, and the main goal would be teaching vocabulary whether if it was to ELL or not.

I am sorry if my advice comes too late. If so... how did it go?

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 30, 2009

She got the job!!!!

She posted it somewhere this morning.