Lego Lunch Play

Discussion in 'Special Interests' started by JanLyn, Jul 26, 2016.

1. JanLyn

JanLyn Rookie

Jul 26, 2016

I am interested to compare notes with anyone who conducts a recess or lunchtime play activity that is geared towards assisting students to develop social skills in the playground. I am currently running a Lego Lunch activity where students who have no one to play with or having difficulty in the playground can come into my room and build with Lego. I started with kindergarten to year 2 students, but now I have students attending from kinder to year 6.

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Jul 26, 2016

Let me get back to you on this. I just saw a program that had been in place at a nearby school, and it was probably more complicated/extensive than what you are thinking about, but there are some really good points to consider and possibly build into what you want to do. The teacher said he would post the file, and when he does, I will share with you.

4. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Jul 27, 2016

I found the link I was looking for. The admin who started this program noticed socially inept students, and a small group of teachers grew it into what you see in the video. Sorry it took so long to find, and I know it is more than you are thinking about - for now - but worth considering.
    http://www.pbslearningmedia.org/resource/cc13.pd.chred.bsoc/b-social/

5. JanLyn

JanLyn Rookie

Aug 8, 2016

Thank you for that. I will check it out.

6. Rowan2526

Rowan2526 Guest

Sep 6, 2016

Can any of you please adsist. I am Looking for assistance to find the best K-5 Tutoring Software I can purchase and build my K-5 CORE curriculum around as I would like to start a private at home tutoring business LLC in NJ. My plan would be able to put this software on teachers iPads that I hire to utilize at students (clients) homes that performs self assessments and has state wild approved lesson plans built into it that would be generated for the students and track progress, etc

Please provide feedback! Any feedback is appreciated!