Learning about the ideal physics models

Discussion in 'General Education' started by reterty, Jun 8, 2022.

1. reterty

reterty New Member

Jun 8, 2022

I am now studying the problem of forming students' concepts of ideal physical models (material point, ideal gas, ideal optical system, thin lens, paraxial rays, free particle, etc.). So, it appears that at the first stage it is necessary to consider definitions, essential features, and various applied aspects of the application of such models in science (the study of the object "from the inside"). And the "final chord" can be the generalization of such models, that is, the consideration of the properties and features of generalized models (the study of "outside"). It seems that such a de-idealization method can help to understand more deeply the limit transition models ; understand their connections with other models and better understand the limits of applicability. However, here I ran into the problem of substantiating such a "pedagogical method" from both psychology and pedagogy, with the problem of arguing the need for its implementation in the university. In other words, "the particular cannot be fully understood in depth without examining the features of the more general."

3. CaliforniaRPCV

CaliforniaRPCV Comrade

Jun 8, 2022

And...? There seems to be a question being asked, but I can't tell what. Or there is a conclusion being drawn but, again, I'm not getting it.

4. reterty

reterty New Member

Jun 8, 2022

I need to substantiate such a pedagogical approach from both pedagogical and psychological points of view.

5. CaliforniaRPCV

CaliforniaRPCV Comrade

Jun 8, 2022

Ok. My next question would be what you are looking for here to help you? Thing is, it seems a pretty substantial endeavor, either in preparation to teach a class, or a thesis of some sort. So, I'd ask the question, but whatever your response, I personally would be unable to assist. My apologies. Maybe someone else can jump in.

6. CaliforniaRPCV

CaliforniaRPCV Comrade

Jun 8, 2022