LCAP/LCFF (California Only)

Discussion in 'General Education' started by YoungTeacherGuy, Mar 11, 2015.

1. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Mar 11, 2015

Hi, fellow Californians!

Just wondering how your sites are spending LCFF dollars? Extended day? Chromebooks? Extra support staff?

Curious,
    YTG

3. Pashtun

Pashtun Fanatic

Mar 11, 2015

Is this the money that is supposed to be used for common core?

If it is, it was a no brainer for our district and school, we had to go 1 to 1 chromebooks for SBAC.

4. Rockguykev

Rockguykev Connoisseur

Mar 11, 2015

We are spending most of our money on professional development provided by the company our assistant superintendent works for.

The rest is apparently being incinerated in some mysterious fashion.

5. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Mar 11, 2015

We're purchasing Chromebook carts for each department/hall.

Part of it may be going towards furniture.

6. ktdclark

ktdclark Comrade

Mar 11, 2015

Our district went 1-1 for devices. Slates for k-2 and chromebooks for 3-8th grades.

7. ms.irene

ms.irene Connoisseur

Mar 12, 2015

I am not sure what funding we have coming from where -- I was under the impression that only some schools are under Local Control, is that true? CA school funding is so complicated that I never understand what's what. I do know that we are a Title One school and I think we have $ coming from that for our 1:1 devices next year. We also have a big local bond that is apparently earmarked for creating "21st-century learning environments" which is mainly being interpreted as spending $$$ on space-age furniture...

8. EMonkey

EMonkey Connoisseur

Mar 12, 2015

It depends on the number of unduplicated students (foster care, free and reduced lunch, and ELL students) your district has. Once the percentage gets over a certain percentage (I think 55%) the district can allocate in ways that are over the entire district just so long as the use supports the learning of unduplicated students (it is assumed as the count goes up that it will be used that way). The district I work for is allocating it for salary raises, specific amounts to specific schools (the majority of schools in the district I work for) and I am not sure what else at this time. Even in districts with low unduplicated counts LCFF funds lowering the class sizes to a 24:1 average in tk-3 by 2021. The district I am in is moving more quickly to the average required and is using LCFF funding to do so.

Due to LCAP teachers and parents have a lot more potential power in the spending of the money. Here is a site which gives you information:

http://www.cde.ca.gov/fg/aa/lc/lcfffaq.asp#FC