LAUSD and Kelly

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by somedayteacher, Sep 8, 2007.

1. somedayteacher

somedayteacher Rookie

Sep 8, 2007

Hi. Does anyone here work as a sub for LAUSD? If so, do you get calls most days? When do they usually start coming? Are you able to shop for jobs on the subfinder? This is my first year here. Also, has anyone had experience with Kelly Services?
    Thanks.

3. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Sep 11, 2007

No, but I am a classroom teacher for LAUSD. Can I call you if I need a sub. My favorite sub from last year just got a permanent position. What local district are you interested in working in?

4. somedayteacher

somedayteacher Rookie

Sep 12, 2007

I'm signed up for Central one, but I don't mind driving to others if I can work. What grade do you teach? I'd love it if you'd call me to sub for you. PM me for my number and employee ID. Thanks.
    -Paula

5. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Sep 12, 2007

I teach fifth grade in Carson. So it's probably pretty far from you. Still interested?

6. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Sep 12, 2007

When I lived in L.A., I signed up for a temp agency called Teachers on Reserve. They are in Burbank. Kept me pretty busy. They are not affilliated with any school district, so they work with private schools too.

7. somedayteacher

somedayteacher Rookie

Sep 13, 2007

Yes, I am interested.
    -Paula

8. teresaglass

teresaglass Groupie

Sep 15, 2007

used to be kelly Sub

I worked for Kelly last year. I managed to get a lot of good assgnments. They mostly send you to secondary schools. If you work at a private school you make about $95 a day. If you work at a charter school you make about $125 a day. LAUSD pays more but sometimes their schools are tough. Any way you might also try Teachers on Reserve. They are another private agency for subs and they send you to some pretty nice private schools. You can go on line to www.teachersonreserve.com. You can work for them and Kelly. I think Kelly is a great agency. In the summer you can work clerical when you are not subbing. Good luck!

9. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Sep 15, 2007

yep, that was the place I was telling you about...

TOR

10. niseixtenshi

niseixtenshi Rookie

Oct 6, 2007

Yikes, I did TOR before I subbed for the public district I'm at now. TOR was the worst experience I have ever had. I got stuck at "special ed" schools and was basically helping them change their clothes, taking them to the toilet...and being basically a one-on-one aid. I didn't sign up for that. I also got schools that were all behavior problems...I feared for my own safety.

11. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Oct 11, 2007

My school needs subs! I PM'd you. Let me know ifyou can work. Oh, and if you are credentialed, we need a fifth grade teacher ASAP!!!!!

12. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Oct 11, 2007

I tell ya, subs need their own union!