Laundry

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Grammy Teacher, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 15, 2006

I am sick of it and am never doing it again. I am just going to throw dirty clothes away.

3. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Mar 15, 2006

Sounds good. I may do the same.

4. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Mar 15, 2006

I'm joining that group as well. I could cry I have so much laundry piled up downstairs...................................boohoo!

5. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Mar 15, 2006

Laundry is the job I hate the most!!! I would rather have someone come in and do my laundry than clean my house. It is a never ending job, however since I stopped doing my son's laundry last week things are a LITTLE easier!

6. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 15, 2006

I do to...it is so high...I can't even begin.

7. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 15, 2006

I know it is worse with a bunch of kids at home(or one teenager!), but my husband and I change clothes completely every single day of the week, plus the weekly bedding and I wash the cats bedding, bathroom rugs, fresh towels every day, and am washing our sons's curtains for his new house, couch blankets(I do them weekly because of the cats hair) and I am so sick of laundry I could scream! O.K. I think I will! AHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

8. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Mar 15, 2006

Oh Grammy I hope you feel better...I heard that scream all the way over here in Michigan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Towels.....why can't my kids use them 2 days in row????? Is that asking to much?????

9. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Mar 15, 2006

well, mine could if they didn't leave them all over the bathroom floor!:mad:

10. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 15, 2006

When I was a kid, way back in the stone age, we took "baths" on Saturday and sponge baths the rest of the week. We used one towel of course. Look at us now...I am just as guilty as anyone else when it comes to towels...

11. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Mar 15, 2006

I heard that scream too!!! Broke a window here! Just like those opera singers!

12. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 15, 2006

maybe we should all VENT...
    Here is my VENT...vent away everyone, vent , vent , vent...or rant and rave...carry on like wild banchees...

13. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Mar 15, 2006

Oh no, Grammy. You used that four letter word again that we're not supposed to use!

14. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Mar 15, 2006

At least you guys can actually do it when you have time- I have to set aside an afternoon, drive thirty minutes to my aunt's house, and do it there. It's cheaper than a laundrymat, I'm broke, and she feeds me, but I can't wait to have a washer and dryer of my own next year!!

15. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Mar 16, 2006

Oh wow, I can't imagine that, Danny'sNanny, I'm glad I have a washer and dryer here. Before I moved out, I used one towel every day. Now that I'm out on my own, I use them 2 days in a row, it definetly helps with the laundry.

16. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Mar 16, 2006

Coming into to this a bit late as I am up early this morning to get started on...you guessed it...the mountains of laundry my children generate! I swear that I wash at least 6 or 7 hoodie sweatshirts of my daughter's every week! Where do they come from? I never see her wear them! What's almost worse in my house is the piles of clean laundry piled up ready to be put away (I wash, dry and fold, but do not put away!) My daughter's pile (now 2 piles) is going to fall over and smother someone one of these days...maybe then I won't have to do their laundry...hmmm!

17. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 16, 2006

Hahaha...funny MrsC...I don't put it away either...it sits in baskets until I get around to it. I wonder if my husband had any clean underwear this morning!!! I wonder if I should just load up everything and go to the laundry mat this time!!! There is so much laundry in that basement right now , it's to the ceiling! Funny about your daughter's hoodies!!!

18. hanvan

hanvan Connoisseur

Mar 16, 2006

I wish I were rich and I could take EVERYTHING to the cleaners! That way it would come back clean AND pressed...how nice would that be???

19. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Mar 16, 2006

Could I have someone put it away in the drawers and closets for me as well? Speaking of laundry...time to go and start another load. Does it ever end??? Is this supposed to be what I am doing on my March Break? (Oh no, I'm actually supposed to be doing my report cards and my Income Tax...laundry rates slightly higher on the list than either of those)

20. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Mar 16, 2006

Yippee!!!! Guess what I am doing tonight!!!!!:rolleyes:

21. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2006

I'm doing it too!!!!! I hate it! I hate it! I hate! I wonder what would happen if I only washed my clothes...do you think someone would get the hint around here that MAYBE someone should help out??????? I doubt it!

22. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Mar 16, 2006

Oh, I've wondered that too? Just how many days can they wear the same socks and underwear???????????????? They probably would just keep wearing them.....gross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Mar 16, 2006

I'm reading this as my load of laundry is still sitting in the washer from this morning:). And I'm home all day!!!

24. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 16, 2006

I came home early today(because they figured my roads would be bad, but they weren't so I went to Wal Mart!( and now I am home doing laundry and cleaning the house!!!!! I am making slow head way on the laundry issue!!!

25. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Mar 16, 2006

I have to go do laundry tomorrow, but my clean clothes from last week are still sitting in the hamper! Must put away....This week has been so hectic...

26. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Mar 16, 2006

Grammy, did you remember the code of conduct at Walmart????? I need to go out and buy some things for our St. Patty Day party tomorrow................I am debating whether to go THERE or not!

27. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 16, 2006

hahahajajaja! I HAD to go there...and I forgot the code of conduct for a second and man did I ever regret it...be careful it you go.

28. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Mar 16, 2006

Oh no..........I bet you will never forget again!!!!!! EEK!!!! I need to change into my tight sweat pants and dirty white tennies......and then I will be all set to go!

29. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 16, 2006

And above all, do NOT comb your hair...

30. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 16, 2006

Code of conduct? What am I missing?

31. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Mar 16, 2006

I HATE doing laundry here . You cant win you either cant find a washer or dryer or when you do get one someone comes along and is impatient and throws your clean clothes on the floor! Ahhhhh!!! I wish I had enough money to keep buying new clothes ..lol

32. ViolaSwamp

ViolaSwamp Habitué

Mar 16, 2006

You might think I'm gross but I use one bath towel per week. I figure I'm clean when I use it so it doesn't get that dirty. I also wear my pants at least 3 times and if I wear a shirt underneath I don't wash my sweaters unless I've worn them a couple times (unless they get spots of course). New bra and undies daily though :) Clean is so relative! Seriously. We use sponges and scrubbies (for dishes and shower) over and over and they sit around growing bacteria before we use them again. I fold my clean laundry on my couch. Where has my butt been sitting? At school--the germ heaven! How many people let their pets sit on their couches and fold laundry on them? My best friend used to fold her laundry on the living room floor!! Even her kitchen towels!! Same friend uses the same brush for dirty dishes and cleaning veggies. I stopped her from just rinsing a dish that had been sitting in my sink and reusing it. I do not sanitize my sink often enough for that and we'd been cooking meat that night. Again I say--Clean is so relative.

33. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Mar 17, 2006

Viola, I use the same towel for awhile too. I change it about every 4 days. I also wear my jeans and pants about 3-4 times before I wash them unless I can see how dirty they are. Shirts, it depends on if I get anything on them or else I wear them about 3 times too.

I use a scrubbie for washing dishes, but those I replace every other day because of how often I use them. I don't use them for anything else though but dishes.

34. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Mar 17, 2006

does any one else here have four young children???? One still has bed wetting acidents, the othe day, my son poured kool-aid on my daughters bed for fun, they don't know how to re-hang a towl to re use it again, UGGGG< I think if we took pictures of our laundry piles, I would win!:eek: I have to do 2-3 loads a day just to keep ontop of things, ................ not to mention our dryer takes about 80 minutes to dry a load.:confused:

35. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 17, 2006

Actually, laundry is the easiest chore & I'd take it over washing dishes, vacuuming or straightening up a cluttered room any day. The chore I hate the most is ironing, it's a good thing I don't have to do it. If I hang my clothes up right after taking them out of the dryer, they're not wrinkled yet!

36. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Mar 17, 2006

I need to wash my bras, but it's so hard to do here! I won't put them in the dryer, it's too cold for the clothesline, and when I hang them up in side it mortifys my uncle. He has a wife and three daughters, you'd think hanging a few bras in the laundry room wouldn't be such a big deal...

37. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Mar 17, 2006

LOL!!!!!!!!!! Ah, that is so funny Danny!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

38. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 17, 2006

Actually, ever since I got my dog last May, I have a new chore: Going to the laundromat & washing the dog's things. I don't like washing dog things in my own washing machine, so now on a regular basis, I drive to the laundromat & do his laundry. I can be in & out of there in under an hour.

39. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Mar 17, 2006

If you don't mind me asking...what kind of dog laundry do you have?

40. hanvan

hanvan Connoisseur

Mar 17, 2006

I wash my dogs blankets and soft toys (like their babies) because after a couple of weeks it smells like "dogs" and I don't want my house to smell.

I have a huge pile of clothes on the floor because nothing fits my right now (being 12 wks prego) I was thinking about throwing them all away instead of hanging them back up. I figured by the time they fit again they will probably be out of style anyway...thats the part I hate the most of doing laundry PUTTING THINGS AWAY!!!

41. becky

becky Enthusiast

Mar 17, 2006

Let me tell you all about my washing machine. ( Homeschoolspot girls can go get some coffee- I've posted this there).

Two years ago we bought a Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer for the money you were supposed to save on the water bill. No one told us- not Lowe's or Whirlpool- how tiny an amount of product you have to use. I already knew that with a front load machine you use half the soap, but with this one you use one tablespoon. Yep- a tablespoon.
    Fabric softener is even less. You only get 2 gallons of water per load so you can't over do soap or softener.
    The first loads I did were clothes I bought Jeannie on clearance for the next summer. It was 300.00 worth of stuff. It all came out with tiny black spots that wouldn't come out. Then, some of my clothes got ruined.
    I called Whirlpool and of course they turned it back on me. I should have known to use a mouse's teardrop of fabric softener and NEVER Downy! I knew this how??
    So, now I use Cheer he and Downy fabric softener super diluted. The bottle I have now is a year old. I use maybe a teaspoonful.
    Our water bill did drop 50.00 the first three cycles, but that didn't make up the 300.00 I lost.